Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Part availability

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  wooky_chew_bacca 
#1 ·
Is it still possible to order the rubber gaskets for Bosch Euro Couple headlights? How about the glass?

#8 ·
Something must have changed on the site recently- this link no longer works :(

I got a hold of some new old stock glass headlamp lenses for the SEC and they're on the way. I'm curious if anyone has the part# for the rubber seal that gets glued to the glass? I doubt I'll be able to cleanly take the existing (not great condition) rubber off my chipped lenses

#6 ·
I ordered a new seal for Euro light lens to housing (#11) from the diagram last year for $22 from local dealer

This was part number 126-826-0080. Special order from Germany

EDIT _ WHOOPS missed that yours is an SEC.

#7 ·
Hey there folks

I got a set of euro lights about a month ago and I've got a few cosmetic issues. From the diagram shown above, the housing (#35) is cracked on both sides and each of the glass lenses has small cracks (#8)

#35 doesn't have a part number for right frame unfortunately; when I look at the unit itself, the parts numbers are:
Left - 1305542093
Right - 1305542094

The glass lenses... I've tried to find the parts on the Bosch website but haven't had any luck. The best price I can find for them is $275 (US) per lens. Are there any other sources?

#12 · (Edited)
One last question here on Euro headlamps :)

I have a set in great condition installed, working great! With the old headlamps (US Spec with the wipers), there was a bracket underneath which:
- had the wiper hose run through it
- gave a point for the headlamp to be bolted onto the body

Right now, my headlamps are only held in place by the two screws on top!! The bracket from my US headlamps does not fit, unfortunately. I need help locating a bracket which will work with the EU lights so that it has an extra point to attach to the body

I "deleted" the wipers by getting the metal panels without holes (based off a 380SEC VIN), so I don't have wipers or the motors.

Looking at the above link, the best part number I can come up with is 1268260914... but I'm not sure if that's correct. Any help is appreciated!

UPDATE:
I think I found it: http://www.iauto.lt/mercedes-benz/Car/500_SEC_447/ELECTRICAL_SYSTEM_21322&EPC_SubGroups_ID=431048

Part# 1268240614

Per threads here on the forums, might be easier to fabricate my own

#13 ·
You only
Need to make a
Small aluminum plate for the right side. An old license plate cut accordingly is real easy.

Reactions: bsclifton
#14 ·
You can MAKE it fit. I used a short piece of angle metal I had laying around, any metal will do like Louis suggested a license plate, all it's doing is keeping the light housing from flopping around. Just mark where you need the holes drilled. I slightly bent where needed and here ya go

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.