Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Brown 1985 euro w126 300SEL - 560 ECE Engine Swap, 560 interior swap rust repair.

18K views 155 replies 21 participants last post by  Sergey Mikhaylov 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! At once apologize for my English, it is very bad, but I hope more will be clear.
P.S. At school I learned German.

So, Ladies and GentlemenLet's - start the story. I hope it will be interesting.

This brown Mercedes I bought at the end of December 2010. I was very happy purchase. It was very cheap, and I rarely traveled on it.
Condition the car was not very good, but it was cheap and I wondered that in the future I will restore the car.

First photos after buying 30.12.2010

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
In the summer of 2011, I overheated engine. I was driving on the highway at a speed of 100-110mph and a stone broke the radiator, and I did not notice, and the engine overheated and stalled.
I had to go home at 50miles tow truck. and disassemble the engine in the morning, order parts and repair the cylinder head.

Attachments

#7 ·
From the factory, there was the usual heater without air conditioning. But I ordered from the United States set the automatic climate control.I disassembled, cleaned, and placed in the car by transforming the wiring.

Attachments

#10 ·
In the summer of 2013 I got the most important part!
Engine m117.968 ECE 300hp from 560sec 1987.

The engine came together in the automatic transmission, and all the details that need to be installed in 300sel to work properly.
I studied the necessary details in the manual and parts catalog EPC online

Attachments

#11 ·
I left the installation of the engine in 2014, when I have time. and in the summer I started to swap.

On a photo a friend who helped me take off the old engine.
His expression corresponds to the state of the engine. Friend of horrified by what he sees. The terrible condition of the engine. Ahahaha

Attachments

#16 ·
In late 2014, I realized that it is necessary and immediately time to do body repair, rust removal and painting.
For good remove rust - you just need to cut the rusty parts and weld good parts. Rust removing acid - it is useless - it still appears later.
So I ordered from Japan parts of the car is very good.
In addition to these parts, I bought a lot of new parts from the store. The front fenders, the side longerons, and part of the floor. Doors.

Attachments

#18 ·
Even this year, I bought a lot lot of parts. And new and no. The barn is completely full. Nowhere have to put anything.

New steering gear. Lot new rubber parts.
Black Interior from 560sel, and lot more

Attachments

#22 ·
Last weekend I completely disassembled the car. Leaving only the engine, so that it can move.

Tow truck took it to the workshop. After 2-3 months, and the body will be made and painted. I want black color. But even think about it. From factory my car have 480 color code.
I want 040 black.

Attachments

#30 ·
Holy crap, dude!!! :eek: Now that is what I would call ambitious project.

Almost anybody can swap an engine, but swapping from manual no AC to ACC? Damn...

Keep up the good work and keep us updated on the progress. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.