Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

420 heads

448 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mclare 
#1 ·
Hello,

It turns out that I may need one or both heads replaced while I am out of town in Oklahoma City, OK.

I was quoted an approx. price of $3800 for the rebuilt heads and while the engine is out the replacement of the flex plate on my torque conveter as I have two teeth bad from a previously bad starter. This shop is recommended by several local people with our types of cars and he he does not work on anything else except Mercedes.

Am figuring out scenerios and obviously one is the cost of the heads and perhaps even a rebuilt engine depending on the dollars.
It seems that two companies want about $5500 for an engine with a 3 to five year warranty and about 40,000 to 60,000 coverage.
My question is this; Does anyone know where I can purchase rebuilt heads with OEM TRW valves and lifters, etc.?
Note: I have access to a rental car so I am not stuck on the side of the road but need to do something to get the car back roadworthy in two weeks or less.
Thanks,
jimm1009 (jim)
jimm1009@yahoo.com

See less See more
#4 ·
That's stupid money. Rip off money! Send them to me and I can have them done A LOT cheaper by my guy and he'll put a PnP on them while he's at it too, then you can drop in my 822 cams at the same time. Pretty sure they'll fit. Pick up a few more HP while you are at it.

#6 ·
Port and Polish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.