Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Duo Valve Rebuild Kit for my Euro Spec 500SE

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  John350 
#1 ·
Looking for a duo valve rebuild kit on my Euro Spec 1981 500SE. Have looked in many places... have come up short. Looking for some help. My VIN # is WDB12603612009328

#3 ·
I'd need to check the EPC, but isn't the duo valve simply 2 mono valves in 1 housing? IE, 2 kits would do the job?

-J

#5 ·
That's what I found to be true too, the parts GUY gave me the roundy round about the duovalve and that's one reason I waited as long as I did on the 300SE to change out the monovalve, only took one and fixed it up just fine

Diesel might be different but a look down by the battery will answer that

#6 ·
AFAIK the mono valve is the same on gas and diesel models. And yes, all diesels have a monovalve because all diesels have full climate control :)

-J

Reactions: wooky_chew_bacca
#7 ·
Thanks for chiming in guys. I pulled the duo valve today and opened her up. The internals are totally gone. Seals are shredded to bits and detached. Additionally, the connector completely detached from the electromagnetic coils (which could be repaired but what a mess). So... I am going to look for an used unit (entire assembly) on ebay along with a rebuild kit.

As for the rebuild kits being the same for a mono valve vs. a duo valve, I think this must be correct after looking at the inside today. They look completely identical to what I have seen in the pictures. But... that small voice in the back of my head still wants to be absolutely CERTAIN before I start ordering things. Can anyone confirm? Thanks for all the input guys.

#10 ·
Check out some of the other "no heat" and "monovalve" threads. there have been a lot of "the MTC kit didn't fix my problem" posts. That said, the one above is the same one (same supplier) I ordered, but I haven't installed it yet as the car is put up for the winter. I can't really understand why it wouldn't work. They sell a ton of them, and if they all failed to correct the problem I don't think they'd still be in the business.

YMMV...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.