Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

w126 best accessories

10K views 44 replies 27 participants last post by  KRH 
#1 ·
If you had $1000 to spend on aftermarket "accessories" what would they be?

When I say accessories I mean things that go a long way to enhancing the APPEARANCE/CONVENIENCE of the car. i.e. white dial gauges, leather key pouches, aluminum door sills, coco mats, auto dimming mirrors etc. etc.

#4 ·
With 1000.00, The only Mod would be genuine AMG Pentas. Changes the entire look/attitude/presence of any W126.

Reactions: roadhouse
#8 ·
As previously stated and maybe:

- Center Roll Top Storage Compartment
- Rear 560 SEL parcel shelf with updated speakers and third brake light
- Rear Sun Shade
- Tinted Windows
- Front and rear Euro bumpers with coupe fog lights
- Rear brake light modification
- Euro Headlights
- Euro trunk mounted warning triangle

#35 ·
I have plenty of center top console boxes. PM me if interested.

#13 ·
First would be taking down the 2 into1 out to "dual" exhaust cat and put twins with new Magnaflow mufflers making a TRUE dual exhaust for better engine breathing. Then I'd attack the stereo system, keeping all the components for originality, and "build" one similar to what is in my truck and what I put in the 300SE

#15 ·
LOL Don't fergit ya RUBBA'S LOL :eek

#16 ·
1. A MASSIVE wing for the trunk
2. Ten inch diameter exhaust pipe and glass packs
3. Neon curb feelers with LED tips
4. Engine gauges for the drivers side A pillar
5. Fire extinguisher for the passengers A pillar
6. Chrome window louvers
7. Little Skulls with red eyes for the tire valve caps
8. Deer whistles for the front bumper
9. Ten inch rims with super wide tires that stick out of the fender wells
10. Grounding straps hanging from the rear diff with little reflectors on them
11. Kings Crown air freshener for the read deck lid
12. Big honking "Capricorn" stencil for the rear window
13. Welded chain or upright Cobras around the rear license plate.
14. Giant UHF raidio antenna. The kind with the coil half way up
15. Rear mud flaps with chrome 'big tittie hottie in repose' silhouettes on them
16. Confederate flag for the rear window
17. Faux "Buick" vents for the front fenders
18. Bubble Tint for the glass. Kind of like real tint, but full of bubbles and wrinkles.
19. Hood Scoop. Or, fake velocity stacks
20. CB
21. Hummer style roof rack capable of holding the spare tire
22. Jerry Cans for the roof rack
23. Faux bullet hole decals
24. LED lighting for under the car
25. Faux leopard skin dashboard cover
26. Dancing Hula girl for the dash.
27. Shit like that

#17 ·
And you'd actually drive that around town ?? :eek Ok, but I'll deny knowin' ya LOL

#20 ·
AND WITH THAT IN MIND, PLEASE everyone, check your fuel lines for cracks and wear, won't take but a minute to look, it was the FIRST fix I did to my new ride, gonna check the rear lines as soon as it warms up a little bit

#21 ·
I already have white gauge faces, repainted gauge needles, console storage box, 91 map pockets to replace the nets on the front seats, 1 inch cut from the front springs, brake light mod, upgraded stereo with Pandora and Bluetooth. I've got Euro lights coming in the mail. I installed an auto dimming with compass mirror. Changed the Celsius temp display to Fahrenheit. Replaced all the hoses in the rear. Installed a perfect right front seat back leather cover onto my drivers seat. So what's left? A rear sun shade I guess. Working on Euro bumpers, got them located, just waiting for the shop to give me a price.

#26 ·
A Mercedes leather pistol holster ?? I want a couple of them :grin

#31 ·
For the Mercedes owner that has just about everything else LOL

#33 ·
Or since it's round anyway, a bit "heavy" on having the 3 point star in it

#36 ·
I will mention this, but it may not apply to your situation.

The average road going W126 these days has at least $1000 of deferred maintenance and repair it needs, before that money is spent on superfluous things. For some reason, a lot of people fixing up old cars have lots cash to spend on cosmetic stuff, but will ignore mechanical/safety/drive ability issues. Take a good look under the hood and under the car and look for the condition of these (mostly rubber) items on the car:

EVERY SINGLE RUBBER FUEL LINE (!!!!!!)
Flex Disks/drive-shaft mount
Rubber brake hoses
Muffler mounts
Fuel Pump mounts
Belts
Coolant overflow bottle (yellowed is code for replacement)
Track rod bushing wear
Ball joint condition, torn boots anywhere means replace.

If you have an above-averagely maintained car, you are set; Otherwise, there are plenty of better places for the cash to go.

#37 ·
Agreed jrogosich, the only known "major malfunction" on my new acquisition is in the front end and will be addressed directly but I'm taking this fantasy $1000 as it is, wishful thinking :thumbsup: OH and perhaps too, one of the shifter bushings, quick and easy fix

Reactions: bflobob8
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.