Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Original US version NEW rear lamps glass ?

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  MSGGrunt 
#1 ·
Hi again. I am looking to get a brand new pair of rear lights glass , USA VERSION. I see all day EU version, but that is not interesting for me. I see also on ebay listed at over 200 dollars per lens. It is crazy. Any other option to find those American rear lenses cheaper? I want those brand new, will definitely change the look of the new painted car. Thank you very much! Cheers, E.

#2 ·
I haven't found a cheap way to get new USA lenses either, and I have yet to find a used set in good condition at a reasonable price.

-J

#8 ·
My thought exactly, good parts are to be found in the yards, yea they may need a good scrubbing but as long as they aren't scuffed or cracked they are as good as new

#10 ·
The benefit of buying new is that the clear/reverse portion will be very nice. Makes a big difference.

Even cars in the junkyards usually don't have that. Almost always yellowed and discolored. You'd have to get lucky and find a car that was always garaged its whole life.

If you don't want to spend the high price for new, I would just be patient and check the USA ebay often. Something will come up. If the seller doesn't want to send to Europe, ask for help here and one of us could help forward them to you.

#11 ·
Thank you all , guys! HAHAAAA!!!! THAT'S THE POINT! I am obsessed about the clear reverse portion, yes, and about the RED corner of the lens, found in the US version only. I will perhaps buy the euro suggested by GreenT but, I will try to find out how I can have that red corner too. I am obsessed with the American look.

#12 ·
Well, the obsession IS world wide LOL. As Mr T suggested the best bet would be to get someone in the US to find and snag a good clear set and ship them to you. I haven't been to any yards lately but will need to go sometime in the next week or so, just so cold and rainy makes for a sucky day in the yards

#14 ·
Tentative plans here to make use of the presently unused red section next to the license plate, the DIY add extra brake light I'm studying on now

#16 ·
Yes, very easy. I bought the eBay kit for $15 which includes shipping. You get the instructions, two sockets, bulbs, correct wire, and a couple splices. It's a really nice, reasonably priced kit. Can't find it for you now but someone will speak up.

If I hit the wrecking yards all the time it would have been cheaper to grab the stuff but it was worth having it come straight to my house.

I think it's a great addition.

#20 ·
Did the same brake light addition on my 300sd and it really makes a huge difference. I have several rear lenses but they have all yellowed a bit over time. I too just painted my car, 040 black, and I agree new taillights would be a great addition. I would consider aftermarket ones but I have heard others talk about them not fitting perfectly. For now I am running the best lenses I have and living with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.