Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I could not resist

5K views 50 replies 16 participants last post by  281lxm 
#1 ·
82 500 SEC Euro bought in germany and federalized. 36,000 miles one owner. Waiting for it to be delivered. I would like to lower it and put on some monoblocs , but am i am open to leaving it alone.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome to the W126 world. Lovely color in and out! As one who has lowered it, yes go for it as it will give you stiffer and more modern feel. Finding a smaller diameter MOMO wheel will also help your cause. I am partial to the 17" wheels, stiffer front HD shocks. Nice specimen!

#5 ·
I say "defederalize" it, put back Gen I Euro SEC bumpers, Euro headlights, Tail lights and call it a day. You see less and less of pristine original low mile cars, and unless it was tuned originally by a large and well known tuner, stock cars hold the most value.

#6 ·
Ah congratulations, this one has been discussed a couple of times recently. Lovely car.

If it were me I'd agree with leaving it pretty much as is apart from the bumpers and lights. That way you keep the elegant original generation one looks.
Hope she gives you many happy miles.

#7 ·
Lapis Blue? My favorite color. Nice car. I echo the others Euro Bumpers, Euro Head and tail lights to bring her back to the way she left the factory. Centra's are a nice sporty wheel, and the Momo or Silberfiel steering wheels go nicely with the car.

Here is my Blue Bird now owned by Hi_its_Me_Alex in Minn. She has the Euro headlights, taillights and bumpers on 16" Centra wheels.

Reactions: oldmako
#10 ·
Did the blue colored 126's come with color-coded bumpers and side cladding from factory? I'm under the impression they were gray?

#12 ·
Good to see that car finally finding a home. I agree with Dr.Grillz about the de-federalization, but that's it. No other mods needed.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

#14 · (Edited)
This shown SEC is a real beauty!

Cladding and bumpers never have been delivered painted in body color.

This is a link to a german w126-wiki for all colors and claddings.

Watch from Beplankung und Stoßfänger on, which means claddings and bumpers.

But i never was a fan of these colors, i love to see the car in one color and this SEC is a great example!

#16 ·
Yes the cladding and bumpers were painted to match the body on Blue Bird before I got her, but I would have done that as I love the body coded bumpers and cladding. 15" Bundt's are hard to find here in the states. There is a set of Centra's in the for sale thread at the top of this forum. Not mine and no affiliation.

#19 ·
^^^^^^^^^^ MUAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHA

#20 ·
the wheels are Lorinser LS90, and the steering wheel is a MOMO taken off a gen1 SEC if you refer to the leather, the wood/leather version is also a MOMO but I forget the name of it. I would stick with period correct wheels. Using ones that didn't exist for that ride is a bit much as others suggest. the steering wheel can be had on ebay, just you need a HUB and get a period correct one. I know of a gen1 AMG leather wheel that would do, but they are asking about 1.7-2x what I am willing to pay. If you stay stock 15 wheels, it will give one of the best comforts in ride, going wider to the 225 may be nice but not in winter (in Canada you need winter tires?) But don't drive this in salty slush.....

#22 ·
No, the cladding and bumpers were grey when it left the factory. No body coding at the factory. Lots of owners body coded the cladding and bumpers. I do not believe even the dealerships painted the bumpers and cladding.

Reactions: roadhouse
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.