Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Here's my heater problem....

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  ianrandom 
#1 ·
First of all I haven't been on this site in a long long time and wow how things have changed. lol So my heater issue is that only mildly warm air comes out of the small vents on the left and right side of the dash. I've taken a look behind the glove box and the door for fresh air was broken and stuck open. So in hopes to try and keep the cold air out i just zip tied the vent close. The air that comes out of the little port that goes into the front doors is nice and hot, the kind of hot I wish I could get to come out of the other vents. But the only air I can get is just mildly warm, not going to be helpful when I go up into the snow in a few days.

#4 · (Edited)
Yes I agree! Many posts lately on heater operation. Sounds to me to be a vacuum problem in the dash or a control head issue. Taping the fresh air door shut might help now but it should be open 98% of the time unless you press the recir. button. The heated air is designed to mix with outside air to provide circulation within the car. No fresh air builds mildew and mold on the evap. core over time leading to foul odors in the car. And.... if this is on your whatever year 190E, then you're in the wrong forum!

#8 ·
where is your heat coming from? when you you have it on the second from the left or push in the buttone next to defrost.

#7 ·
Well you are in the right forum.

Unfortunately, or fortunately for me, my vents are working fine so I have not had to dig into that part of the system.
So I will be of no help to you however there seem to be others that have had similar problems as yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.