Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

rear reflective panel?

6K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Teutone 
#1 ·
Have no idea what it's actually called but anywho. Anyone know where I can find one for an SEC?

#2 ·
Search Google for a Heckenblende for a W126. Heckenblende is the proper German name. My spelling may be incorrect. I have one on my Wide Body Cabriolet. I am trying to figure a way to light it and wire it to my brake lights.

#5 ·
I find them kind of cool looking, but how would you sneak in the reflectors for the lights? Would it be like this car? Wedge 5w bulbs maybe or LED? I don't know how it would look with a gold car so that's why i never thought about it until I saw this post. I have set of red and white tail lights in storage too that would go well. Weren't these made by hella?

Attachments

#17 ·
I found one on a car in a salvage yard in Alabama and passed on it for two reasons... one it had a small crack in it and two because it didn't match the taillights. Maybe if they are tinted it wouldn't be so noticeable. I'm not sure I'm crazy about all that red across the back of the car.

#21 ·
I have one on my 88 SE. Found it at a Pick n Pull. My car is a very dark grey so it doesn't stand out. For the ten bucks I paid it, was worth the addition. Its simply held by the license plate screws so easily removed. I took it from an SEC so the SEC and SE are the same part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.