Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Just a heads up, Bilstein Sprints available

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  StreekG 
#1 ·
I'm shopping around for shocks and came across the Bilstein B8's specifically designed for lowered cars, which I had previously understood to only be available overseas. They're only $53.50 at Autopartsway, a sponsor of this forum I believe. Since my car is stock, it's the classic Comfort or HD dilemma.

Bilstein Shock Absorber - Buy W0133-1910423 Bilstein Shock Absorber Online

#6 ·
If that's not BS -borderline deceitful- advertising, I don't know what is.

A 200 word product description on B8 shocks and down at the bottom....

Product Details

Product Notes: B4 OEM Replacement

Never heard of this seller but now I know I'll never buy from them.

#7 ·
I think that they are legit. Got a bunch of testimonials. And the add does state Bilstein B4 OEM replacement. If not as advertised raise hell and return and report back here.

#9 ·
I'm not sure what ad you're reading Charlie. And I rather get what's advertised than bother with a return because it is the wrong part. YMMV.

Part Description

Bilstein B8 Sport Series Shock Absorber

Bilstein B8 Sport Shocks are recommended for vehicles with performance and/or lowering springs installed.

Bilstein B8 Sport monotube shocks and struts deliver absolute mastery of the road surface for the performance-minded driver. Designed to push a car's suspension to its performance peak, these shocks are specifically suited for use with special lowering springs in combination with anti-sway bars or other suspension upgrades. (yellow paint, steel body)

If you’re looking for a performance lowering shock absorber or strut, the BILSTEIN B8 Sport Series is up to the task. Designed to enhance your car’s lowered suspension, BILSTEIN’s monotube gas pressure technology features delivers a sport ride with remarkable comfort.
Monotube gas pressure construction
High-performance shock absorbers and struts designed specifically for lowering springs and production sport vehicle
Sport-tuned with a high level of comfort
Precision handling and optimized vehicle control
Road-tested and fine-tuned by BILSTEIN
The increased performance and aggressive valving of the Bilstein B8 Sport shocks significantly increase the rigidity of the vehicle and is not recommended for drivers who wish retain ride quality.

The performance of the Bilstein shocks does not decline from age, use or heat, requiring no compensating manual adjustments as with conventional multi-tube shocks.

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY: Bilstein warrants to the original retail purchaser that, for the life of each Gas Pressure Shock, this product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. Proof of purchase is required process warranty.​

#10 ·
Green Tea,

you should read ALL the details ;)

Product Details

Product Notes:
B4 OEM Replacement
Brand Description:
For many decades, Bilstein has been closely associated with the high technology in the field of suspension design, driving comfort and safety.
Weight:
3.30 lb.
Package Size:
4.70 x 2.50 x 27.00 inches

#15 ·
126Sam,

did you end up getting these? After looking at the details, that pn seems to be the B4's. Shocks dont come up on this forum much for W126. I was just thinking my car has 230K miles and probably has the original shocks. Think new ones would make a difference? :laugh

Also anyone know the difference between those and this pn? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mercedes-shock-absorber-b361183

Robert

#19 ·
I have a full set of B8 Sprints paired with my Eibachs, great ride!

Reactions: Teutone
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.