Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1983 500SEC White/Black Stockton CL $3000

15K views 94 replies 27 participants last post by  Dr.Grillz 
#1 · (Edited)
1983 500SEC AMG White/Black Stockton CL $3000

AMG by the look. Upon further inspection.

Looks and runs good! - 1983 Mercedes 500 SEC AMG

Looks like staggered Penta rims misplaced in front.

- 1983 Mercedes 500 SEC AMG
Very cool car. Looks and runs good. Only minor issues: possibly needs new struts, and have to start vehicle in neutral (possible linkage adjustment)
$3,300.00

Call (209) 466-xxxx for questions or place a bid at:
1247 S Wilson Way Stockton, CA 95205

Attachments

See less See more
#42 ·
Part 2

So these pics of the interior do not really do it justice. It is MUCH blacker than what these pics represent. I will bring over my Sony SLR and take better shots. But the interior is not that bad. Pretty good really. Knut has 2 bottles of Leatlerique and will be bringing them back to health. They are in better shape than my old seats. No rips or cuts. The Dash does however have 3 cracks in it and we have a replacement dash, and the long wood that is also bad.

I'm sure Knut will have all the wood refinished peoperly. As you can see, it has the wood center box:

And the factory FE:

The rear:

Notice that the dipped chrome parts are in really good shale. No real cracking or peeling. Both the front and rear spoiler lips have the rubber gasket trim, though it needs to be re-attached properly. The bumpers have no real nicks or dents on the bumpers, and the front license plate filler is present and in good shape. The HLW's are present, but we did not test for functionality. If the motors are bad, I will repair them as I have done others in the past.

In the above pic, you can see the two or three elements missing from the star.

Trunk pic: (The carpet is dark black, that is just the image is washed out from the white body and it was a hazy morning.

The warning triangle is there:

And finally on the road:

#43 ·
Pics I took of inside the oil filler opening:

As we were driving home through the rain storm, a break in the clouds:

Pardon the cliche' but you truly hit the pot of gold here.

#44 ·
nice score. congrats

#45 ·
A keeper for sure.

Very good catch, I would say.

The rolling shots depict a very nice stance for the car.

Good to hear the trip home was uneventful, and so obviously productive and worth it.

#50 ·
The rolling shots depict a very nice stance for the car.
Oh it has white springs and Knut thinks AMG shocks. It has the same stance as mine.

#49 ·
CA. smog test history revealed

Vehicle Information

STAR Certification Required

Program Area

NO Enhanced

Number of Tests Found = 6

Test Records

Make

Model

Year

Date / Time

Pass / Fail

Certificate

MERCE 500SEL 1983 10/22/2013 11:48 a.m. P PA357540C
MERCE 500SEL 1983 07/05/2013 12:36 p.m. P OW863700C
MERCE 500SEL 1983 06/14/2013 09:26 a.m. F
MERCE 500SEL 1983 06/30/2011 11:31 a.m. P OE364898C
MERCE 500SEL 1983 06/08/2009 01:57 p.m. P NK641656C
MERCE 500SEL 1983 06/13/2007 12:19 p.m. P MS473270C

Pass/Fail Code Definitions: P=Pass, F=Fail, A=Aborted,
T=Failed test with Emission Device found to be Tampered.
*A "Blank" column can also indicate an aborted test.

#51 · (Edited)
The same color scheme was featured in the U.S. spec AMG factory 1987catalogue on this wide body.

#54 ·
Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#58 ·
very nice indeed!

#59 ·
now for the $64000 question, What is to be Mosbys fate. As the new car will get all the attention what to do with mosby. It is a true Euro and has had a lot of work doneby charlie and even more by me, but needs more. Would be great for someone who lives outside a smog area to have. I will offer her to A BW member for $1500, at that price I am taking a 50% loss. If not Mosby will be stripped to the hull parts put in my invetory and sold off as needed.

#63 ·
That is what he will be called in the South! HA

#64 ·
And this is exactly the reason I need to stay off BW and CL! Missing deals like this....well....just make me want to hunt down and buy more for the sickness. Great deal, best color combo, good luck with the restore. I say you carve it up and put a widebody kit on it! :D

#65 ·
Fellas, this a better than average car!! I can attest to a great sounding engine and dead smooth idle. I think the paint's original. Was nice to see it going to someone that will give it the attention it deserves! Now...... next to it was a BMW 635 CSI automatic. Great dark grey paint, basket weaves and light grey interior. Seats great, dash cracked. Me thinks I will go drive this car. $5000 OBO !

#66 ·
had the paint polished out and waxed and the car shines like new. had the rear sway bar bushings replaced no rear clunk, now just front end clunks when you go over bumps. need to trace.

took it out for a short drive around the AV and she runs flawless.

If you look at the engine picture it has the same ford smog pump mounted up top with a bracket welded to the a/c bracket. need to loose that.

#71 ·
Yeah, I went over all that with him.

And its not the mailing address you change, its the physical address. The mailing address stays the same.

#74 ·
Pictures?

#77 ·
post leatherique pic and recaro pic

I was lucky with the AMG that the rear seats were not torn or did not have any seam seperation on them. The leatherique really did do a nice job of making the leather soft again. The fronts came out nice also.

Also a picture of the Recaro seats I bought and am going to install in the White AMG.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.