Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

The Unofficial W126 Coupe SEC picture thread.

335K views 684 replies 95 participants last post by  ianrandom 
#1 · (Edited)
Seeing as we don't have a thread dedicated to SEC pictures only I figured it was time to make one. *I've had a few people tell me this thread should be stickied, I completely agree*

Here is a picture of my 560SEC. Big thanks to forum member mramay for helping me give my car a better stance with his invaluable info. I've followed his posts over the years and talked to him earlier in the morning. I know he said he didn't want any credit for helping me but I feel like it's the right thing to do. Oh and how could I forget: also a BIG thanks to Chadahar for the very nice bosch euros.

I purchased and installed genuine 18" rims from a 2001 SL500 with the AMG package. It fits perfectly without spacers. Even used the stock R129 lugbolts. It has about 122k original miles. All service records from day one. Two owner car. At one point it was a Bruce Mendel car. I'll add more pictures of the interior later. Interior is darn near as near new as it can get.

EDIT: I just realized my trunk on the second to last picture looks like the paint is messed up. It's just a reflection from the building though!

So post some pics of the coupes gentlemen.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is my 1984 380 Sec Euro, with 190K.

I picked this one up about a year ago and have done lots of work to it, interior replaced, new sound system, Glass moon roof with 2nd generation tilt function, W140 wood steering wheel, French fog lights, keyless entry, r129 16inch 15 holes, engine and tranny have been completely refreshed, along with all of the other components of the the car, brake, steering, suspension, etc.

Attachments

#3 ·
3 hits in a row!

1) Bruce Mendel Car
2 Mike Ramay Handy Work
3) Beautiful Coupe

Seeing as we don't have a thread dedicated to SEC pictures only I figured it was time to make one.

Here is a picture of my 560SEC. Big thanks to forum member mramay for helping me give my car a better stance with his invaluable info. I've followed his posts over the years and talked to him earlier in the morning. I know he said he didn't want any credit for helping me but I feel like it's the right thing to do.

So here is my 1990 560SEC with 18" rims from a 2001 SL500 AMG package. It fits perfectly without spacers. Even used the stock R129 lugbolts. It has about 122k original miles. All service records from day one. Two owner car. At one point it was a Bruce Mendel car. I'll add more pictures of the interior later. Interior is darn near as near new as it can get.

I'm very glad that I was able to get this car looking exactly how I wanted. Well almost.. I need to (ever so slightly) tint the corners a bit to match the headlights. Plus I think I need a new grille because of that broken slat. It's a shame because the rest is near perfect.

So post some pics of the coupes gentleman.

#6 ·
Here is some of mine.

Attachments

#8 ·
Nice idea for a thread.

Here is mine, a 1990 420SEC. Possibly an ECE. It goes very well, but isn't in as good condition as it looks in the pic. The back shelf is rusty. I got it with no records, but it appears to have been well maintained, even the newish battery was MB, and who buys them? Lol.
Its a work in (slow) progress but its been very satisfying to recommission, it basically needed a lot of fiddling with to get certain stuff working but woke up very nicely.

I have different wheels on it at the moment but they badly need a refurb.

Attachments

#10 ·
Loving this thread! Great idea...

Here's my 88 560 Sec... She's at 224,000 kms... and the love of my life...

Still some work to be done exterior wise - spacers, H&R springs...

Attachments

#11 ·
:crybaby2:I am so ashamed of my stock wheels:bowdown: I gots wheel envy!

#12 ·
1990 560 SEC

Here is my 1990 560 SEC, I have had it more than three yeas and use it as my daily driver 50 mile round trip. It has close to 200k miles on it with H&R springs, Koni in front, sls rear, Lorinser 17" wheels currently with Bridgestones and first gear start module. The car runs good all maintenance is always up to date. There are a few fiddly items that need work including the sunroof, power mirror a window switch and emergency flasher switch.

Sorry no pictures on my work computer, I will post them later

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
There really is nothing more handsome than a Euro coupe. I want one! Perhaps I should just worry about getting the autobox in the 500SE in order, and do the manual swap on a coupe... that seems so much more appealing!

#26 ·
Are you suggesting I didn't make much sense before, Ian? Choose your next words carefully. :mad:

The only thing keeping me from a coupe right now, is that I want a manual car, and a lot of coupes are in need of a lot of love and attention. Being knee deep into a resto on one car, and sorting out the gremlins of the other doesn't help.

The E350 is a daily driver for a the parental units, and the Jeep is finally off the road and can remain a weekend/hurricane flood car.

#25 ·

Attachments

#31 ·
Nice thread. I'll play along :)

*1982 500SEC AMG Widebody

*1983 500SEC AMG

*1989 560SEC Lorinser Euro (Clone)

Attachments

Reactions: trooper6
#35 ·
I still have wheel envy :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.