Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

$300 AMG Rims? Good Score or?

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  LongHauler 
#1 ·
So I tried to look at these $800 AMG rims a couple of months ago and the kijiji poster never replied so I gave up on them. Then my buddy called me last week and said the rims were posted again for $300. I spent a week trying to connect with the guy but he kept putting me off. Then last night he phoned and told me to come look at the rims. His posting was vague...1990 SL500 AMG rims, if you want more info come and look at them. So I hooked up with him, checked them out and bought them on the spot. They were actually off a 1990 SEC 560, original AMGs with Hankook Ventus Sport 104 tires w/ 70% on the rears and 80% on the front. Staggered 235/45/17 fronts and 275/40/17 rears. AMG Germany OZ Racing on the inside but nothing else. They fit perfectly. They need a little work but I think I did okay...
Before:
[/url] Loki_B1 by sunstruck1, on Flickr[/IMG]

After:
[/url] Loki_B2 by sunstruck1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Before:
[/url] Loki_B5 by sunstruck1, on Flickr[/IMG]

After:

Loki_B6 by sunstruck1, on Flickr

Rims:
[/url] Loki_B9 by sunstruck1, on Flickr[/IMG]

And sorry I can't resist, my latest toy: Rossi Ranch Hand in .44 magnum

Ranch Hand_1 by sunstruck1, on Flickr

See less See more
#19 ·
Thank you. And by faux chrome, I guess you mean polished faces, not paint right?!?

deal of a lifetime, u know you could sell them for 2000 if you wanted
In need of a refinish and in this economy, thats a bit high. These are all 17x8.5 right? I say $1200, if the faces arent cracked and with good tires. $1800 if staggard and no cracks.
I say white too.
Im with mclare, white is the new black.

#15 ·
I vote for Body Color!! Really set off your car. Miami Vice to the max!
BTW there are SEl side skirts on the 126 For sale section.

#16 ·
deal of a lifetime, u know you could sell them for 2000 if you wanted

i like them black centers on white car, not bad, nice find, id love to find another set

#18 ·
I say white too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.