Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help Identifying Vacuum Component

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  RGerboth 
#1 ·
Can anybody tell me what this part is and if possible the part no: It's the orange component with the broken off vacuum connector.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It's a Thermovalve. There are two as you can see the other one next to it.

That one is for the regeneration valve over on the right fender. There is also one for the EGR control valve. They open and close based on block temp. One opens at 50 deg C and the other 70C

000 140 72 60 - 50 Deg opening
001 140 62 60 - 70 Deg Opening
N 007603 010113 - Seal Ring

#3 ·
BTW - One side of the TV has a 'kinked' pipe outlet and one is vertical. The straight up and down part goes to the Throttle Body in each case.

#5 ·
It's mclare as in Michael Clare, not McLare or Mc Lare or as Rex likes to call me McLiar.

The red one is the 50C one and the black is the 70C one.

At Parts.com (Which is Mercedes Benz of Naperville, a real MB dealership, so hence real MB parts.) the PN changed on the red one to 000 140 71 60 not 72 60 and the price is 32.40.

AutohausAZ.com is cheaper on the black on at 42.00. But Parts.com lists it at $132.00! So I would be wary of AHAZ's price until they confirm the order.

#6 ·
Do you have the EPC? DO you have the manuals? If no, PM me your email and I will send you a hello new user email with the links and manuals and a guidebook I wrote up.

#8 ·
Hey Michael,

I was reviewing the manual tonight about the fuel evap system (47-200) anticipating checking mine. I noticed page 4 where it shows the angled port heads to the throttle valve and the straight port heads for the purge valve.

I'd like to confirm this with another manual reference and will also check my car's setup tomorrow but in the mean time, it's another data point.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.