Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My new Ride Im so proud

3K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  ianrandom 
#1 ·
I cant believe it, I finally got my first W126c a 1985 500SEC, ALL STOCK! with 51,753 original miles!! I cant believe its mine! History, the car was purchased in New Jersey by a lady who literally drove it to church and grocery store, all documented by the local Mercedes dealer.Bezel Bush any way just want to brag a little.

#10 ·
Thank you all! At first I wasn't sure about the red interior but I really like it now, but mostly because it soo nice, the back seats look as though they have never been sat in and everything works. I really got lucky on this one, as the car ended up in Marietta GA and the kids of the owner who got the car after their mom died, did not want the car and had it parked with a for sale sign 1 mile from my house. :):)

#14 ·
Beautiful specimen. Talk about the right place at the right time. Sounds like the stars really aligned for you.

#11 ·
I LOVE that color combo. And I have seldom or never seen burl in that condition.

Otherwise completely speachless.

Wow.

#15 ·
Great pick-up! Even with the low miles, don't let necessary timing chain, tensioner and rails replacement lag - time affects these parts as well as mileage.

Al

#22 ·
Nice find!

Mike

#24 ·
Beautiful car and great find!

One of the best MB (& W126) mechanics in the US is in the Atlanta area (Lilburn). Jonathan (Jono) Hodgeman is at Blue Ridge MB. (404) 805-1357, blueridgemb@gmail.com

He's on this forum as well. My highest recommendations for Jono.

#27 ·
An excellent find. I agree with keeping it stock except for the euro lights. If you can find some 15x7 bundt wheels that would be fantastic, as I am on the search as well. The red interior really sets it apart.

I need to get back home to ATL sometime and meet you guys up there. Its been about 20 years. Maybe a laser show at Stone Mountain over the summer is in order....

#29 · (Edited)
Wow! Gorgeous.

What a lovely original pristine specimen --- and just a mioe away from you!

I agree with Al, go and see Jono in Lilburn and have him take car of the timing chain, guide rails and tensioner and he will tellyou whatever else applies to the car so far as maintenance and fluids.

Oh boy, this kind of thing is the stuff of legends, to find a car in such great condition, from an estate that the beneficiaries do not know what it is and want it gone.

I bought mine with 50,000 miles on it too, but it was in 1996 so I don't even WANT to know what yours cost you to buy , because I paid the Mercedes Benz dealer $39,000 for my '91 .

I think it is a wise decision to put in the euro headlights (keeping the old ones is a good idea) but otherwise leaving it stock, as a mint condition low mileage unmolested one is the VERY best and most desired way to encounter and keep them - (for resale purposes anyway.)

Or else you can just drive the heck out of it an pile on the miles and enjoy it - which was my choice to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.