Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Lorinser wheels,16 inch

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  maf560SEL 
#1 ·
Hi- I am new, but not to Mercedes.I have an urgent question,about wheel/tire size.I had a Lexus LS400, that I just stacked up.It has new Nokia Hakka 7s on it, studded.They are incredible.
I was looking for wheels,to switch the Nokias to my 560SEL,(1986).I was very fortunate to find a set of Lorsiner chrome,(like AMG monoblock style ),16 by 8s' My question is,will 225/60 R16s',on the 8 inch wide Lorsiner rims work on my car?
I understand that they will be an inch taller, and is there a way to compensate/gear,the speedometer to work properly?
Thank you very much for your help. Mark

#4 ·
Speedo

When changing to 16" rims:
225/55 is the closest and your speedometer will be only 1% slow
225/50, your speedometer will be 2.5% fast
225/60, your speedometer will be 4.5% slow

Unless the car's also been lowered, I understand the above sizes should clear fine. LO's are nice looking wheels - good find :cool:

#7 ·
Thanks!!

You have given me hope! I do not know the offset, but the outer rim is 11/2 or 2 inches from the face of the wheel.The guy I bought them from is very expert Mercedes mechanic, but no one shows this as a suggested upgrade size.I was hoping it was due to spedo error, and not clearance issues.
I have new Bilstiens front, and working? Hydropnuematic on rear.
I will let you know how this works. Once again,many thanks for the quick, and plentiful replies.

#11 ·
Teutone ...are you there?

I got my 560SEL aligned today, and after I left ,I noticed the chrome,on the outside of the wheel is peeled.I was looking for wheel replacement,and saw that I may have 16X8 R1 lorinser chrome wheels.Does anyone have one,(or more), for sale?TEUTONE, in an old post you were talking about these wheels.
Also, I am using the stock, long wheel bolts,(not chromed). What size bolts do I need, and where can I get chrome,good quality ones,and maybe locks?
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.