Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1983 380SEC wont start!!!

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  drybkin 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody! :bowdown:

I have 1983 380sec, 150 000 miles on it. The car was sitting the entire winter and i took it out recently. It worked fine for about a month until today. I drove it back home and stopped at the stop light, when i started moving again the engine turned off and i couldnt start it back on!

When i turn the key on there is no sound from the fuel pump. Then i jumped the 30 and 87 pins at the relay and even without having the key in ignition i herd the noise from the fuel pump and at the engine area under the air filter... So i tried to start the engine with the pins jumped at the relay and nothing happened :crybaby2: , it spins perfectly but it feels like no fuel are going through... Please help me! How can i fix that?

#5 ·
Worth a try. Theres lots of stuff it could be, have a looky through the searches and see what seems most likely. Have you poured a little fuel in through the air intake to see if it catches then?

#6 ·
If the fuel pump is working and the car is not firing check you have spark
As above ^^get some one to turn it over while you spray CRC down the intake, if it trys to fire you have spark and its a fuel issue if it doesnt its a spark issue...jumping the pin should have fixed the problem if it was the fuel pump relay

#8 ·
Thank you all for your time. Ok, i checked the relay and the fuel pump, they are fine and i checked that the fuel comes to the fuel distributor. The spark plugs only 5 month old, though i havent check if they sparks cuz i didnt have the right tool to get it out... I checked the currency at the distributor cap(the one for the spark plugs) and it has a signal... I tried to pour a little fuel in through the air intake to see if it catches and nothing happened :confused: The engine spins perfectly, but doesnt even try to catch!
any idea what can be wrong with it? or what should i change?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.