Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Quick mag question

1K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  forcefed44 
#1 ·
Hey guys need your opinion.. Which do u think looks better on a sedan pentas or monoblocks?

#7 ·
Pentas!!! That is the original, period-correct wheel when the whole craze started in the early eighties. The purists and collectors prefer Pentas, and that is why they are in demand and command high prices. Then there are the others that like to upgrade the look of their cars with more modern parts, and they like the later AMG wheels......the newer the better to cause their cars to look more 'modern' imo. So the answer for you depends on which camp you fall into....

#9 ·
Pentas are the ugliest wheel in the history of wheels, so that leaves monoblocks as the only option.
Say it like you mean it...
The guy is running a Gen1 280se Monoblocks would just look wrong
in fact with a stock S1 280 id be inclined just to run bundits or steels and enjoy driving the car as the factory intended
I needlessly modify the crap out of most cars I own but sometimes stock is best, especially when driving a base model car, where IMO the pleasure is in the simplicity=longevity=leave it alone and enjoy it

#17 ·
Isn't '3-piece Monoblock' an oxymoron?
I thought they were called Monoblock because they were a single piece wheel

Or am I the oxymoron, minus the 'oxy'?

Anywho, get some big fat Pentas, not because I like them more but, because I don't want AMG Aero Ver 1.0 to become too common

#19 ·
Isn't '3-piece Monoblock' an oxymoron?
I thought they were called Monoblock because they were a single piece wheel
It should be that case, yes. Though I believe it is because of the flat surface and design of the wheel face. Or 99% of wheels would be called monoblocks, and I know my neighbors ford aspire doesnt have "monoblock" steelies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.