Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Going for H&R Springs on 300SE.

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Panzerkampfwagen CXXVI 
#1 ·
Dear all, i did countless search on the forum & found nothing about H&R springs having various heights. I was told that H&R has 3 different spring heights for the W126. Is this true? And yes, i was told it is the springs that has different height, the rubber pads are something else.

Just wana confirm with you guys running H&R's on your 300SE before i purchase a set.
The website shows only one set (lowered by 1.4 inch).

Appreciate any advice.

Roy.

#2 ·
I'm certain it's just the one set that lowers the car by about 1.4inches. the pads do the rest of the work of course. I was going to purchase some H&Rs but I had a change of heart recently.

Anyway springs should be the same for all w126s unless you have the self lowering in which there is another choice for that. (doesn't apply to yours though)

#8 · (Edited)
Hey Ryley,

Re using H&R front springs, 4 nub shims with standard rear suspension and slightly lowered SLS .
The ride is a little harder on the freeway but that is more than compensated by the tighter and more direct steering. Cross winds do not affect the car at all now. On standard city roads it's still very good but now I have a few issues with big speed humps.:(

Overall IMO it's much better and well worth it :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Thanks Andrew! I am glad to hear it's still a big comfy cruiser- both my other cars are quite firm and sporty, so a big cushy Benz is fantastic in comparison.

My black car's suspension you can't even push down on the top of the strut, it's so stiff. Rides quite well though considering.

Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.