Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Transmission thoughts on 560 SEC Euro

843 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  NordRhein 
#1 ·
Well I have exhausted the obvious at least to me. I have fixed the kickdown switch and replaced the vacuum line to the modulator (which I wish I knew what that piece does) and it shifts much smoother through the tranny but it is still having this issue that happens when it gets hot. The tranny will slowly start to step down in gears at highway speed. It will loose 4th and then 3rd when that gear starts to get hot. Then will just slip all together. I can pull over put it in park and generally just start right back up but it may not got up to forth again till it cools off. Any thoughts??

#3 ·
It had the hard shifts when I brought it home and the first gear starts. I solved moth of those through the above mentioned. She may have slipped a little but not like now. The fluid was low and I filled it 2 correct level and this is when it really started slipping more from what I can tell. The service has not been done yet as I found those other issues and decided to get them out of the way first.

#4 ·
I'm willing to bet the filter hasn't been changed in awhile and the sediment is finding its way up through the trans throttle body causing it to stick. Do the flush and fluid service without hesitation and before troubleshooting any further. Maybe you can snap a photo of how the fluid looks off the dipstick onto a paper towel?

#6 ·
You have a leaking seal either in the valve body or a band actuator - somewhere. As the box gets hot the fluid gets thin, the hole gets bigger and the box loses pressure in one of the circuits. They don't last forever, while it's out you will also renew the front seal (those go) and the B2 piston (those go too). So it's not like it isn't worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.