Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2 MAJOR ISSUES! LEAKING ANTIFREEZE OVERHEATING!

902 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rmac58 
#1 ·
SO a few weeks ago I changed the coolant hose that goes into the side of the engine and through the firewall. The model that '84 300SDT that I have has a heated rear windshield so the part has three connecting lines (see photo below)

To make a long story short, I thought that the smaller line that that is through the firewall was leaking so I ordered a new one; however, I now think I might have damaged the line that is BEHIND the steal wall where the green-steal line runs in to. Ugggg...

The question is how do I access behind this wall?

Secondly, I was just adding antifreeze until the new hose that I purchased arrived and NOW I'm leaking coolant out of the water pump. Seriously, pouring out when I parked it at work only minutes ago. What is going on here?

How are these two related? I have an hour commute home, can I make it back with a few gallons of water and just keep adding it along the way? I had the defrost on at full blast; and although it was rising to around 100 degrees it did not pass that thresh hold.

Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated. This is my daily driver and my wife and I are expecting our first child this weekend so I need to get a handle on this IMMEDIATELY!

Warmly,
Novice@Best

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That heater is for the front windshield, it helps with the defrosting. You can see in the diagram other hoses and the radiator itself.

Not sure how to access the components in there, but it would seem you need to take the front fire wall out.

You may just want to crimp off that line if you can.

The water pump leak is a separate issue, sounds like you need a new one. Making sure you don't overheat, you can just add water when necessary.

Good luck with the new born.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.