Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Question on rear headliner cover

642 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ianrandom 
#1 ·
The rear cover on my car does not seem to fit around the light unit very well and it sags on the front part a little.

I don't want to pull the rear seat out again (just replaced the amp wiring) so I hope someone can fill me in. I think there are clips on both sides of that cover, but I didn't think there was any clip in the center except the screwed in one under the light unit.

Let me know if anyone knows for sure. A pic would be great is someone has one of them out of the car.

Otherwise, I guess mine might be warped or something.

#2 ·
Indeed there are some clips on the entire lenght of that cover and I`m sure that one of them is not holding anymore the cover.

I had the same problem solved by bondig again the clips to the cover. If you can wait and nobody will post until then a picture of that cover, I will make one ( I have a few of them, spares).

#3 ·
They do just warp there. I've seen it plenty before. Mine was like it. I ended up trying a few different things but it would never stay straight so i carefully put in some small brass self tapping screws. I found a better one to swap after a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.