Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Euro 500SEL anyone?

803 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr.Grillz 
#1 ·
At least it appears to be a true euro, 86 500 SEL, the headlights look great in the pics!

1986 Mercedes 500 SEL

No affiliation- Just thought someone might be interested. Could be a bargain, depending on the mileage and condition.

#3 ·
I was wondering that myself. My weekend roadtrip has me going in the wrong direction this weekend, or I'd go check it out.

#4 ·
This car is in the abouts of my areas ... I contacted the owner a while back. From what I recall, it needed quite a bit of work and has been sitting a while ... tranny slips, leaks etc. if I remember correctly. I just checked and no longer have the e-mail from the owner describing what it needed ...

#5 ·
Was wondering if anyone had a chance to see this car yet. I spoke to the owner last week and have plans to see it saturday. It has been up a looong time on CL with different ads and wording. I know it has been sitting for a bit and has driver side door latch issues (doesn't open). The owner seems a bit matter of fact about the car but you never know. But I do remember the first time I asked about it, i received a detailed e-mail from a different person ...

When I go, i'll take a bunch of pics and give an update if anyone is interested. I may be interested if things are just right.

#9 ·
Yes there were. A few days ago I went to see a '86 500SEL Euro that was Gen II up near Cleveland. Thought it could be a good parts car, but had extensive rust, junk chrome and wouldn't start. Passed on the car as it was just a large paperweight in my eyes.

#8 ·
I spoke to a woman a couple weeks ago. She said it has ribbed cladding and admitted to it being an '85 but titled as an '86. I asked for the vin and she promised to email it to me. Never did but sent me a message saying she left a voicemail for me and was I still interested...There was never a vm from her.

Weird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.