Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

380 se need to change the belts

602 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sjskarts 
#1 ·
I have an 85 380se that need the water pump/ p/s belts replaced, anyone have any idea how long this should take, I know that these are the back belts. Which acsseories have the adjustments, I see the p/s pump has one, and the alternaton has one, but am I seeing a tensioner down there?

also is the a shop manual in pdf for that anyone know about, I also has a land over and was able to fnd an service manual on the landrover forum

Thanks for any and all help..

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks thats was exactly what I needed. One other question, what is the standard operating Temp mine goes up to 100 c maybe a tick above, on the highway it stays between 82 and 95. does this sound normal, and if not what can be done to fix this. I was told that this sounds like an air flow problem. ei fax clutch , car was sitting for a while been driving back and forth to work to strech it legs, runs awesome except for my concern.

Once agian thanks for any help.

#7 · (Edited)
Changed the belts no problem, changed to fan clutch, the temp is not running any higher than 90 when stopped once I get going it drops immediatly to 80
as for the climate I'm in CT it it was in the upper 70's the low 80's but it think all is well now we are in the upper 60's to low to mid 70's and the car seems fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.