Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

AMG M117 Headers...Anyone have a set laying about?

43K views 191 replies 42 participants last post by  SwissBliss 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone has a set of authentic AMG headers sitting on the shelf that they might be willing to lend for the purpose of replication?

Thank you.:thumbsup:

#5 ·
amg and oem tri-y are very similar in design...cast iron manifolds. amg has amg logo cast to the outside of the manifolds.

amg headers are of a tubular design. made of steel tubing.

:thumbsup:

#8 ·
A very beautiful sight! Those are the one's I thought Mclare had been saying he had all along since he said they were AMG headers.

48hp...Good luck on the quest. I am sure you will have those headers in no time since it seems that you are often the only one to ask if anyone has rare bits, then that rare bit pops up like it was just waiting for someone to ask for it! You have the knack of tracking stuff down.

#10 ·
Don't Roy and David both have AMG tuned motors? Shouldn't they have come with AMG headers when tuned? I know that Jim (Cascade) also has AMG headers.

#12 ·
If thats the case.. then the only people on the forum that I know have genuine AMG headers are as follows...

Cascade
Alydon
Jono (I think he sold his NOS set)
Heirkranz

#13 ·
I thought there was a guy in California that had AMG headers, which he had loaned to Jono for the same purpose, to replicate? Surprised Jono hasn't chimed in here yet, either way (has them or doesn't have them)....

#15 ·
Those were Eddie's (cyberdrakon) set of NOS AMG headers that I think Jono ended buying. From what I remember, they were not 100% complete. I remember Eddie wanted to have the one missing piece replicated. Don't know how that turned out.

#14 ·
the ones from xtcbytes were just stock tri's iirc. The car was a 86 500SEC and had no other bits of AMGness so I'd be surprised if the headers were. As mentioned the only ones I was aware of in recent mention were the ones Jim put on his car from Jack (560truck)

#16 ·
My Gen I headers are off my 5.4 as of right now. I just had them ceramic coated by Swain Tech and are in a box waiting to get mounted to my (completely) rebuilt engine. I just got my heads back two days ago from full rebuild/reconditioning and am waiting for one of my AMG camshafts to come back from polishing along with one custom head gasket from Elring (they made and sent two of the same side....). All of my yellow cadmium plating is also due back early this coming week.

I think Jono sold his NOS set in the past couple of months.

Only other set is the guy in San Diego with the Gen I AMG SEL for sale like mine who says his 5.4 motor has headers.

Al

#46 ·
Only other set is the guy in San Diego with the Gen I AMG SEL for sale like mine who says his 5.4 motor has headers.

Al
coincidentally those are the very headers that have been sent to a very well respected header company for replication. thank you jonwhite.

will post more details next week.

#20 ·
+29hp was gained when removing the very restrictive gen I US spec exhaust system. Smaller gains will be seen when upgrading from euro logs or gen II exhaust systems.

US spec Gen I exhaust system:

#35 ·
I recall a photo of engine on a stand with white AMG cast iron tri-y manifolds posted by either Dr Grillz or Jono some number of years ago. Can't seem to find it.

#25 ·
why? why? why Jesus?
NOw I know how Charlton Heston felt on planet of the apes when he found the statue of Liberty head.

Yes I know 48 HP sauce, but my Euro SEC has Euro logs, the pics are from my SEL for sale $3000.

#33 ·
Are you talking about side pipes like ones that go under the sides of the car and stick out by the rear wheel?

It's like putting lipstick and a dress on a pig. It's just not done unless it's your prom date.

Is it?

I thought you wanted a set of performance headers?

Tom just sent me some more pics of his custom work:

Attachments

#34 ·
I will post these over in the other thread too. I know Mark won't mind if I jack his thread.

This is all his original custom work.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.