Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

How to remove door glass

10K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Rmac58 
#1 ·
I've searched but cannot find the procedure to remove SEC door glass. The service index does not show an item but it may be in 72-051 Dismantling doors.

Will the glass come out without removing the motor/mechanism? Does the glass come out sideways thru the hole above the latch?

Advice appreciated.

Mustang

#5 ·
Thanks for the posting, unfortunately there is no reference to the door glass in that section either.

I cannot find reference to removing the door glass in the online ALLDATA service manual. I just do not understand, seems such a simple question.

I'll work it out by progressively removing pieces until I achieve my aim.

#6 ·
First, you need to remove the inner door panel. Lots of parts there to take off to not destroy it, including lifting it up and out so you don't break the tabs on top. Once you have gotten past that, there should be 3 bolts holding it to the metal rail which is attached to the regulator. Remove those 3 screws, then there are the window stops that need to come off the bottom on each side. I'm going from memory here because its been a few months, but I think that's it. Then you pull the glass up, may need to tilt sideways a bit to get clearance but then it should come out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.