Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Gas is getting expensive

567 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  POS 
#1 ·
Two questions-

1- How many of you switched to Regular rather than Premium?
2- How many of you using Regular for many years without any Problem?

My uncle is leasing Mercedes every 3 years for many years and he told me that he is using Regular all the time and never had any problem.

What is the catch? I don't get it. I am using Premium all the time.

Sahai

#2 ·
I'm running (or not) the 420SE on LPG at the moment, but in the past I have experienced the difference between the two.

Here in the UK its either; Unleaded (95) or Super Unleaded (97) and found in the past one car of mine the Super has burnt better, and on other car has made no difference. My previous '89 Range Rover 3.5 ran far better on Super- but my '88 300SE had no change.

Saying that, at £1 a litre and almost £5 a gallon at the moment, I'll be staying with the LPG; 0.50p per litre.

Rex

#3 ·
Hi! Vogue-

What modifications have been done to your MB?. Is it difficult to convert gas to LPG?

Sahai

#4 ·
I use premium in my Karl. If you search the forum, you will find a thread explaining that MB put a chip in to retard timing for US cars because they found we will use regular. So, if you want to use regular, you can. On the other hand, gas mileage will be a bit less, as will performance.

I removed the chip (don't want to be a retarded American MB driver) and use premium. for about 4 dollars more a tankful, it just isn't worth worrying about.

#5 ·
I drive 140 miles a day to work, and I've done so for nine years. Every June, the gas prices go up, every September they come back down. Prices are going up, but this is normal. I use Premium in the MBs, and I use regular in my other drivers - no amount of fuel prices will make me change that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.