Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

fresh air button : internal electrical diagram

4K views 23 replies 3 participants last post by  General Lee 
#1 · (Edited)
hello,

I seek the inner working of the button of recycling of air (A126.820.50.10) of a 500SEC (w126.044). the button are six pins...

I think :
- pin1 => +12v (battery or contact)
- pin3 => ground
- pin2 and pin5 => electrical switch
- pin4 or pin 6 => interior lighting
it's correct?!?

I want use to activate manually a auxiliary fan on my W201. because, the summer the temperature of the engine goes up very easily, in the traffic jam or on circuit

can you help me? thank's you
if you want picture, tell me ^^

#2 ·
mayby, somebody have a electrical diagram with this buttun and others composants....

#3 ·
I do, PM me your email address and I will send them to you.

#4 ·
Solder a 1.1K Ohm Resistor (Mil-Spec) in Parallel to the block Temp sensor. That will cause the fans to come on at 92C vs 105C and will keep the motor cooler.

#5 ·
Okay, I have looked in both Electrical manuals and in pre '86 the Recirc button is integrated into the cluster. What model year do you have? Because the 6 pin switch didn't come into being until Gen II cars.

Yes, pics would be great.

Also, can you be a little more clear on what you want to do and the car you want to do it on and maybe I can guide you.

#6 · (Edited)
In case you do not know how to read the schematic:

PIn 1: Grey/Pink - Illumination Input from the PBC (Push Button Control)
Pin 2: Grey/White - "recirc" Switch input 1 to PBC
Pin 3: Grey/Violet - "recirc" Switch input 2 to PBC
Pin 4: Brown/Yellow - Sensor Input to PBC
Pin 5: Brown - Chassis Ground
Pin 6: Yellow/Blue - "On" Indicator Control to PBC

Hope this helps-MC

#7 · (Edited)
good morning
tanks you Osloc,

I explain ;)

the button comes from a W126 500 SEC,

on my W201 2.5-16, I would wish to use it to order an additional ventilator. it is a A/C fan which I added. that would allow me to manually order a ventilator being able to cool the engine; because the summer it goes up very easily in temperature (especially in traffic jam!!!). I do not wish to touch with the original circuit of the main ventilator ;)

I found that the illustration of the button was appropriate with use, otherwise I know that simplest would be to recover just the top to put it on a button like back lighting (simple switch)

in fact, it will not order the ventilator directly, but a relay which will order it (it would not like the current consumed by the A/C fan ^^)

so, if I understood well, I can use it like that :
[EDIT wrong diagram, do not use]

I shunt pin3 and pin6, for illuminated the button when activated...
(mayby, I should add resistor... lawl)

thank's you for help \o/

#8 ·
Can you get me those wiper arms? Is that car junk? Would love the bumpers too!

#11 · (Edited)
ok, I understand ;)

thank you well for the reactivity :bowdown:

it received a (little) back shock and finished in an automobile scrap.
can be that there remain the bumpers, but the wiper was sold last month

I don't know the delivery cost to USA and I'm not the owner...
if you interresting, I can get information => PM or mail (general.lee AT mercedes-190 DOT fr)

I see in your profil, you have a ///AMG 560SEC! I love this car ;)
do you known the 560 Koëning Special Edition, it's wonderfull!

#9 · (Edited)
No, you have the circuit wrong.

Pin 5 Illumination ground - Brown
Pin 1 Illumination +12 - Grey/Pink
Pin 4 +12 from Fuse Boxed or fuse protected direct from Batt (Preferable) - Your choice I would do Yellow to batt.
Pin 3 to Fan. Your choice - I would do Red to your fan.

Do not tie to Pin 2 or 6

Pin 2 loops the voltage in a closed state and pin 6 tells the PBC that the Recirc is on.

#10 ·
BTW - GOOD USE of that switch! I think I have a use for that too!

#17 · (Edited)
ah!
what is your use?!?

---
BTW => I think is "by the way?!?" but I'm not sure...
I do not know all the English web abbreviation...

#12 ·
I'll take the wiper arms for sure. You can just mail those. Don't worry about the bumpers. How much for the wipers? How do I pay You?

#13 ·
Only my wheels are ////AMG, E-55's. Everything else is and will be (including the wheels) AMG Old School, Pre-Merger AMG. ////AMG is Post Merger. 90-91 was the cusp.

#14 ·
ok ;)

the wiper arms has already sold...
you can buy new wiper arm in Mercedes-Benz for 20-30€/unit (max ~$40/unit)
(for the correct price, I need the VIN code)

#15 ·
I just bought a set and they were 300 Euros. I'll get you the part numbers in the morning.. (My Morning!) Thanks!

#16 · (Edited)
you speak about the windscreen washer or headlight washer?!?

I spoke about headlight washer....

give me the parts numbers ^^
and the VIN (or just model and year : to know the correspondence if the reference are changed)

#18 ·
Yes, Headlight wipers. If you ever come across them, would you snag them and I will pay you. Thanks.. Also looking for a "Glock" box on the front of the seats... Storage box. Let me know.

#20 ·
You should grab that grille.

What else is on that car? Can you take some pics and post. Maybe some other members need stuff if you are willing. I do that from time to time. Coupes are very Rare, Especially Euro ones. That hood is worth a fortune and so is the glass. Esp. the rear window. Ask TT, he stashed a couple of them and I am going to follow suit.

#21 ·
I have already buy the grill, because mine was little broken...

the car is in French and a French 'Mercedesiste" forum already passed above... ;)

#22 ·
Isn't the recirc switch momentary?

A dome light switch that's on/off would be more useful and easier to wire.

You'd have to hold the recirc switch for the fan to stay on, unless you used some fancy latching circuitry with the relay.

#23 ·
I already used the Light switch and the Horn select switches. The Dome Light SW for my CitiLights and the Horn for my Camera Select (Front - Rear).

I removed the Fader altogether as my DVD Nav does it electronically, and I used the hole for the camera select. I also opened up the two extra switch positions in the change cup for those that do not know they are there. One for the Shade (Used to be the ANT select) and one for the CitiLights.

#24 · (Edited)
Hi everybody!

sorry, I've very busy....

I propose two correct diagrams for use this button to command something ;)

[EDIT]
the diagram contains french words:
- boutton => button
- batterie => battery

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.