Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W126 Performance

200K views 144 replies 60 participants last post by  rainiervermaak 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a performance orientatd thread for all interested in what can and has been done to the W126. This is not just an index of links to previous discussions, but all are welcome to ask and talk about all things perfromance regarding the W126.

#27 ·
#28 ·
Reactions: isthenew
#124 ·
Chevrolet LS engines a very available and can be found with very low miles on them. They are also quite reasonably priced, can be serviced at any garage that works of Chevrolets, and you don't have to spend $135/hr to have them worked on. They can be be found from 345hp to "let's go to the drag strip" powers. I would think that would be the most obvious choice and there are just so many shops who could and would make that swap for you.

#31 ·
2002 Z06 Corvette LS6 motor is bolted into my '87 560SEC. Attached to it is a custom built 4L60E 4-speed overdrive automatic transmission. GM rack-n-pinion steering installed on modified steering arms.

Attachments

#33 ·
hi, my w126 was too good a few months a go the pic was too good everything was nice from past few day's the engine doesn't feel like that strong it start's shaking. i had changed the plugs fuel filter's distrebuter cap but it is still the same please tell me what els can i check. Cheerz.
Welcome to the forum.
Please click 'User CP' on the top toolbar and complete your profile with the car mod and location, to make it easier to answer your posts.

The forum archive has a wealth of information available at your finger tips.
The search function accepts 2 words of at least 3 letters.
For all available resources / forum features / 'how to' navigate the forum etc, please make sure to carefully read the 'Welcome to the Forum' announcement / tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page.
Cheers

#36 ·
Hents....

That is some header man! Are you using up all the surplus elbows and pipe fittings in your shop? LOL Almost like a French Horn: the music goes round and round and it comes out here....

Cheers,

Ron

#37 ·
Yeah... :)
I have to make some room for 4" down pipe.
Only way is behind front headlights.

I`m wondering to make my own thread about my project. Manual Getrag gearbox is already installed, now turbo also. New intake manifold is coming.
Chassis needs a little work (planning to make wide body - AMG replica) and interior needs recovering (alcantara etc).

#39 ·
Anyone...in MN doing this...

I have some skill but would like ta train with a pro like this on weekend's just to get more skilled, have done some minor Hotrod build stuff, basic auto, and diesel stuff large equiptment, working Mon-Fri's so weekend's would be great plus I have a 420 SEL I want ta convert and do something different!

#41 ·
Hents, that's insane !! Is that turbo out of a locomotive? a supertanker? Congratulations anyway! I would be curious to know what parts you have used to mate the getrag to the engine and what work was involved... (You may remember I fitted a 4 speed manual to a 5.0).

#42 ·
Basically I can offer bolt-on bell housings for Getrag 265/262 (5-speeds getrags). I use original propeller shaft as well. Flywheel is my own designed for Sachs race engineering 3 disc sinter clutch + hydraulic pressure bearing.
Well, this turbocharger is used on 16-liter diesel engines.

Soon I make my own project thread. I have some other interesting performance mods.

#43 ·
performance SEC

I need assistance on my performance sec, I have replaced the engine and gear box with a 6.9 M100 unit and I have upgraded breaks, anti roll bars and shocks and springs. Im looking for polly bush kits or new rubber bush kits for front and rear sub frames and whishbones. Does anyone now where I can find these?:thumbsup:

#44 ·
I need assistance on my performance sec, I have replaced the engine and gear box with a 6.9 M100 unit and I have upgraded breaks, anti roll bars and shocks and springs. Im looking for polly bush kits or new rubber bush kits for front and rear sub frames and whishbones. Does anyone now where I can find these?:thumbsup:
That sounds awesome, which car did you put that combo in, as for the poly urethane bushings they will need to be made custom, as far as i know.

#50 ·
a little more progress on my project i have fitted new e500 disc and brembo 4 pot cailpers with and an extra anty roll bar from a 300ce i am also replceing the rear a.r.b with a bigger 20mm unit i may also add twin superchargers as i just happen to have a couple lying around and now the whole car is striped for the new inlet manifold its very easy to do ! i am not realy interested a very big hp or hight boost mybe 3/5 psi i allso have the drive pullies and tentioner and at low boost levels i my not add intercoolers

#51 ·
Hey was there much work involved in the E500 brakes???

#52 ·
500e brakes on sec

i got a new set of mb big 500e brakes of ebay very easy to fit to hub small mods to fit i cut a small segment out of a 12mm150x100 angle to form a spacer for the cailiper ,i used brembo s/h ebay cailiper and bolted 4 new 12.9 bolts to finish off, 1day to complete ,but i do have my own metalwork shop!totall cost £140+my time.very easy for me but it would have bin even easeier if i used biger disc as the bracket holes clash so i had to step the holes

#53 ·
i have now added intercoolers x2 and finished the inlet manifold s/c belt and rad,soon to be refitting rear subframe and diff as now finished body work and primer/underseal/waxoil rolled rear arches and very slightly wider arches x4 i have also removed the rear wells in the boot to add 2x exhaust cans and add battery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.