Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Best Mercedes front seats?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Blue Chip 
#1 ·
Hi,

Due to economic reasons i had to downgrade from SEC to w210 E300TD :crybaby2: . this E-class is actually not a bad car in terms of handling and comfort. But clearly one key difference for me are the seats.

Do i understand correctly that w126 SEC seats are the best seats MB ever made in that era? or are there any comparable seats in w124, w140 (w140 SEC?) or w210 in terms of comfort?

Im seriously thinking of buying SEC seats and replacing the ones i have in my current car.

Cheers to all happy w126 enthusiasts (I wish i would still belong to this company).

#2 ·
I had a W140 S500 coupe. They didn't call it SEC anymore then. The seats are very comfortable. But the car was a bit more problematic then the W126. So I sold it and keep the 560SEL instead. The coupe has more hp then the 560SEL. A second faster to 60 which to me is not a big deal. I do however miss the coupe from time to time. It can travel nearly 500 miles in one tank comparing to only 360 in the 560. Oh well...when time is tough.....

#5 ·
I like the sportline seats in the W124. My girlfriend's brother has a 124 wagon sportline with sportline seating and its pretty comfortable, looks nice and keeps you seated well.

#6 ·
from what i know, the most luxurious interior offered to SEL included four SEC seats, all fully adjustable both in the front and in the back.

Ive see one of those SEL's in Tallinn and it was breathtakingly cool, a true limo.

I havent had a SE or SEL but a friend of who does have both claims SEC seats are the best that merc offered in that era. just wanted to have your view on it. :)

#7 ·
I have never done a long distance drive with sportline seating, but with Recaro and Scheel, which are superior to any factory Mercedes seats I have experienced.
I am not sure, but for all I know Recaro might make the Sportline or other optional eating for Mercedes, after all they do all seating in large passenger airplanes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.