Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Bought another.'84 300SD!!

1K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  sphinxrider 
#1 ·
Well, I think I have flipped out, my wife isn't too happy, but I felt this was a good deal. E-bay Item#250327046564, looks good and I willl be picking it up on wasy to Boiling Green. What do ya'll think? God bless

#5 ·
I spent $100 more than that on a tune-up for my wife's Volvo yesterday... I'm still amazed that such a great car as this can be bought for so cheap. Congrats on the great find! I think this color is sweet - I've never seen it before.

#9 ·
I asked the seller the same question and he said it was a deflector thing that pops up when you open the sunroof? I have never seen anything like it but? I sure am glad his wife didn't like the car because he did a lot of maintanece on the car thinking she was going to be the new driver. Great for me!

#15 ·
no, that's not what that is. it doesn't look right, to be honest -- like something is out of place. doesn't seem like a crucial element; i'm sure with some poking around you can have it tucked back into place.

before ebay pulls your pics, here they are for everyone to see:

Attachments

#11 ·
...but...there's...

No, wait a minute, there IS something there? Check out the pic of the sunroof; the closeup of the roof. There are two little bracket things sticking out of each side of the sunroof.

The fleabay number just pastes into the "enter item #" thing. Go to the site and click on "advanced search". On the left there will be a little box which says "enter keyword or item number".

#17 ·
oh, yeah, maybe it's for an external deflector (minus the actual deflector). it's definitely not part of the built-in pop-up deflector though.

#19 ·
Picked car up today and it seems to run great!! We cruised from Elizabethtown KY to Corvete capital KY and we were cruising at 70MPH and it was very SMOOOOOTH!! What a car and I am very pleased with the $1185 I spent on it(I got 10% off from fleabay of my 400 deposit) Yes, the things on the sunroof are for an after market sunroof deflector that is in the back seat, is it worth putting back on? I am very impressed with the pick up these cars have, it will move once you get it going! Looking forward to learning more on these cars from you experts!!!! Thanks for all the advice so far!! god bless and Happy Turkey Day!!

#20 ·
looks like you got quite a deal there -- congrats!

the airflow around the sunroof is designed well on the w126, aided in part by the pop-up deflector built into the front of the opening. in my opinion, the aftermarket deflector serves little actual function, increases drag and wind noise, and clutters the clean lines of the car unnecessarily. so if i were you, i'd leave it off, and remove the metal brackets too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.