Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

locked the keys in

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  edwardgwright 
#1 ·
:eek::mad::(:confused::surrender: any suggestions can not find the spare key

#3 ·
Call your local police. At least here in PA, they'll do a free "lockout call" for you. Happened to me when I had my truck inspected, and asked the place to leave the keys under the mat and I'd come get it after dinner. They forgot, locked the keys in and I couldn't find the spare. Police happened to be driving by and I flagged them down. They have a neat air bladder type device they stick in the door jamb that expands things just enough to slip a thin rod on there to unlock the doors.

#4 ·
I know in VA they'll do it as well but they make you sign a waiver that if they break something it's not their fault.. Most likely the locksmith will be cheaper then what ever a cop may break. Mercedes were not really designed to be broken into with ease;-)

Jonathan

#5 ·
Mercedes Benz key lockout

When I did it last November visiting some Mercedes enthusiasts, some from here, in Tarzana, I calld 1-800-ForMercedes

They sent out a service ML from the nearest dealer, which was Mercedes Benz of Encino (formerly the famous AutoSteigler) down the way on Ventura Blvd and they took care of it so fast, in about 60-120 seconds, I swear it actually took them longer to do the paperwork and run my credit card then to get in the car for me.

MB Roadside won't give you the service for free but they cut me a break and it only cost me $65

Definately the best way to take care of this problem

#12 ·
Bummer.

I can see me doing that to myself, however. Don't feel too bad.

#13 ·
i was doing some work under the hood the keys were in the car i got distracted and returned outside much later. normally i lock the car with the remote, i have an after market auto start that controls the locks as well., any way some kids were coming down the block and i realized that my baby had been unlocked the whole time after removing an item from the trunk i went to the passenger side door opened it up pushed down the locks and closed it .... then realized that the keys and the remote were in the center console as well as the spare key was in the trunk ... lesson learned from now on i will only lock the car with the remote and keep the spare elsewhere :surrender:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.