Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Wheel Replacement?

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  sphinxrider 
#1 ·
Ok Mercedes lovers… It is good to see you guys are still out there. I have a good question for you... It has been a while and I have received a lot of good advice from you so here it is….

I have a nice 1988 300SE. I recently purchased some BBS 16” Rims for this car without thinking. This car comes with 15” rims. I would like to know if I could place these rims on the car and if so what do I have to do with the tire size? I am running the standard 15” rim with Michelin Harmony 205/65/15. Any suggestions?

The Wheel is below. I will paint the Black the regular Mercedes Gray.

What do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What's the "rest of the story"? What is the rim width and more importantly, what's the offset?

#4 ·
I'd paint the centers the same as the body color of your car. It'll set off the whole rig quite well. Paint the cladding the body color as well to "Upgrade-Update" the car.

#5 · (Edited)
Well first off your going to have to purchase new tires (16") to match your new BBS 16" wheels. Next hopefully you have the correct ET(offset) on the BBS wheels. And most important the correct bolt pattern. The sizes should be on the back side of the rim. If they don't fit,let me know I'll buy em (if they fit my car that is).......:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.