Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

more pics of the amg 420 sel

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  amg420mb 
#1 ·
:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Great looking car!!! I'd for sure keep the wheels. Get Euro headlights. Do you have any of the AMG documentation?
I have a gray interior of my 1984 380SE(not AMG).
Really nice car.

#3 ·
I Love the car, One thing I love is the Zebrano box.
A couple things that need changin (only in my opinion)
1. Euro headlights.
2. Real AMG Badge like the one Pictured.
3. As everyone says get a an original grill back and paint it black and put more chrome stripes on it.
One more suggestion: try to get yourself an AMG steering wheel, Makes a big difference and will finish the car off nicely.

And one question. Can we see under the hood?:D

Attachments

#4 ·
thanks guys i want to keep the car as original as possible( as far as mercedes looks in the 80's ) thats the badge amg put on the car i dont have the documents but this is a one owner sel so im leaving it but i do want to get a few amg type upgrades as far as visuals the steering wheel def maybe some side badges valve caps im still on the fence about the grille but i do love my 420 and i want to make it as much my own and unique standoutish< ? as anything would hate to be at a light and by some random chance have a 420 that looks like this be right nice to me or in a parking lot i will work hard to put all other 86's to shame i do really want the euro heads tho (ordered) im thinking about the clear tails too NO amber signal ( just red and white ) any thoughts this car is in excellent condition and i have a few people who wanna sponsor me to do shows 86 meets 08 i wanna keep a classic look tho but this is my project for this year good score for 900$ huh !

#5 ·
My 2 cents on the grill:

There's a colossal difference between doing something to be different, and doing something to make the car look good. Those style grills are extremely, extremely tacky. You have a unbelievably unique AMG 420 with a great set of wheels, and a booger on its shirt in the form of that grill. If you want to be unique with the grill, then get something like this:
eBay Motors: MERCEDES BENZ W126 260SE 300SD/SE 380SEL 420SEL GRILLE (item 150252706596 end time Jun-02-08 20:08:22 PDT)

Less then a hundred bucks. Trust me, it will make a world of difference.

#7 ·
Fantastic car !

Looks superb and all the right bits too !

Well done and enjoy !

BTW, there is nothing wrong with the AMG badge and i think the headlights are great. We Euro boys like US lights !

The original grille would probably be nicer though.

Enjoy !

talbir

#8 ·
alright guys you got me convinced i want a different grille not just from these opinion but for a big fact that 1 of those plastic black pieces broke behind the star this grille is so flimsy i want the chrome grille now sherlock sel thanks for the link ...some more opinions should i replace the hood star too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.