Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

300sdl belt problem

928 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Teutone 
#1 · (Edited)
As you may or may not know, I just got a (new to me) 1986 300sdl.
the belt flops around some times when the aircondition is on and sometimes when the aircondition is not on. what could be the problem? is it the belt, the pully, the lever , shock, or the spring? Please help. thanks guys.:confused:
I just got back from the mechanics and he couldn't figure out how to take the pully off. is there a trick to this?

#2 ·
Ironically on researching the problem I'm having right now with my harmonic balancer I ran into a few threads about your problem. Most likely your a/c compressor pulley is starting to seize, your best bet would be to replace it. From what I read, if the pulley seizes completely your going to be in for a much larger and not a very cheap repair job.

Can anyone else confirm?

#5 ·
Have you tried a forum search? The archive has a wealth of information.

Please click 'User CP' on the top tool bar, and complete your profile with a location and model of your car.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice. MB produced different, and region / Country specific versions of our cars.

Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.