Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Ball bearings in the oil pan! Yikes!

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Fulcrum525 
#1 ·
Ok I had to take a break from the Scammer thread SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly - MBWorld.org Forums
(Trust me, read it from beginning to finish)

We accidentally dropped the key for my harmonic balancer into the oil pan the other day, we fished it out with a magnet but we also found a number (11) small ball bearings. I did a search but all I could come up with was this obscure page Mercedes: 1987 Mercedes W124 Series 300D-Turbo Vacuum Pump Replacement

Someone please tell me where they came from because I'm stumped. Also if anyone knows when I can find a good used harmonic balancer please let me know!

#3 ·
This is just a guess and might be completely wrong. Could they be the ball bearings from the turbocharger??? I dunno anything about the diesel w126 to know whether they used roller or ball bearing in the turbo, and it's the only place I can think of that ball bearings could come from to get into the sump. As I said just a complete guess without looking at the car in person.

#4 ·
Its possible. I did have a problem the other week that seemed to work itself out naturally where I wasn't getting any power after the turbos initial boost. Its fine now so we assumed that it was a sensor or something driving out after the engine had just been washed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.