Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

custom w126 grille

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  oisaj_dude 
#1 ·
has any one seen this grille on a w126? do you know who makes it ? or any similar after market ones . ive gotten some questions but it came with the car

#2 ·
We've seen plenty and I can tell you most of us don't like them

From what I can see of your car it looks fantastic...except for that grille, I hope you don't keep it on there
They look cheap and tacky...and your car is too fine for that

#3 ·
Namada, You shouldn't beat round the bush. Just tell it like it is...LOL!

That type grille(big chrome Benz star) looks good on SEC's (As they come with that type Benz star originally) and the sedans that happen to have the SEC hoods, lights, grille and other bits transferred onto them. To me, the SEC hood/grille conversion looks great on the sedans.
That particular Grille, not so good. Sure looks like a clean car other than the grille.

#5 ·
As a first step one might paint the star black to match the rest of the black in the grille. Then it would be more subtle.
Bottom line: If you like it, keep it. If we all liked the same things we'd all drive VW bugs or some other car, and life would be ....BORING.

We need more pictures of your car. Looks like you got a good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.