Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Cry for the W126...

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  The Doggfather 
#1 ·
I'm sure you know, the W126 was absolutely defiled by Pimp My Ride a while back. The episode just re-aired, so I thought I'd post this.

Granted it already looked like shit, it hasn't changed.

Spechelle's Mercedes-Benz 300SD (1981)

* GAS paints the car pink with a redish-pink symbol on the front, they took the hood ornament off and made a big "S" made out of plexiglass and rhinestones. Monitors were put in all of the head rests (Facing forward for some strange reason, making it so people in the front seats would have to turn their head around to watch them). Also, it included fake beaver skin seats. At the end they gave her custom made pink Roller Skates.
* GAS crew equips with a special "crunk trunk", which opens and closes repeatedly (wtf?).
* The forward facing head rest monitors were dubbed "Extreme Hatervision" by Mad Mike and Xzibit.
* A massive phone was in place of the front armrest.
* Spare tire was removed and replaced with a secret retracting compartment
* Front grille was replaced to something similar to that of an SEC, but still the same shape as the SEL model. They painted it obnoxious pink.
* All the wood trim was replaced with fake beaver fur
* The headliner was replaced with mirrors to replicate the effect of a disco ball, a cheap plastic light with many colors was used to set it off.

I'd say the only good thing done to it was Euro bumpers, euro headlamps, smoked taillights, and thats it.

View the car:
Spechelle's '81 Mercedes | Video | Pimp My Ride: Spechelle's Mercedes Benz (Full Episode 505) | MTV

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I've not gotten a chance to waste seven and a half minutes of my life, but seeing just the one picture, above, makes me wish it had gone to a scrapyard and sacrificed itself to keep another dozen of them on the road for a while longer.

#8 ·
Minus the fur and TV's (in the front of the headrest?) that interior color is sexy as can be! I'm not sure if a long ride with a line of fur between my butt cheeks would turn out too well...

But hey, It's called "Pimp My Ride" for a reason..

You want clean classic-like restoration? Watch Overhaulin' on TLC

Wanna see something like more appealing to the younger generation? Watch Unique Whips on the Speed Channel.

#10 · (Edited)
I'd give so much to see Overhaulin' do a W126. I submitted mine a while back when it was my dad's car. Of course, I heard nothing.

Still love to see one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.