Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1985 Euro SEL 500,

704 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ElRojo 
#1 ·
Hello all!

I have been glued to your forums for the past day and am impressed with all the help taht is available. , I had the oppertunity to acquire a 1985 Euro SEL 500 bought in Germany with every option from the airbag to a trip computer (which i have not seen on any other car) so i grabbed it. I have a couple questions about finding replacement parts for it.

The Blue Velour Seats are in rather good condition,except for a gaping hole in the driver's seat. Is that something that can be repaired or where can i buy a new seat cover and/or foam to repair it with.

The Euro headlights are in great shape but the wipers are fully rusted over. Do i need to buy new ones (i have not found them after a lot of searching (where do i find the euro replacement arms))

and finally about the paint;

It is in OK condition. it has been left under the sun in the past. Where can i find out about the exact paint color code? how much will it cost to repaint?

Thank you, and i am excited to join the W126 Club!

See less See more
#2 ·
Finding the correct velour will be tough...you May still be able to get it from Mercedes, I'm not sure.

You would know best if the wipers need replacement or not..can you remove, bead blast them and re-paint?

To properly re-paint a car close to factory spec budget 5K.

Should you need any Euro bits I can get them for you.

Jonathan

#3 ·
To find some more info on your car, use the Russian MB VIN search function. You'll get the color code, engine and chassis numbers, options, etc. Is this by chance the SEC I saw in Portland, OR? (You did say SEL, I know...) It looked pretty good (trip computer, original fire extinguisher, other nice bits...). There's some other sites for interior (leather, MBTex) replacements, but I'm not sure about the velour.

Russian site:

Mercedes-Benz Club Russia | Mercedes-Benz / VIN

Congrats on a great car-- good luck with her, and let's see some pics!

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.