Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Dismantlers and Recyclers

16K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Teutone 
#1 ·
There have been lots of posts where people have mentioned junk yards (Automotive Dismantlers and Recyclers, as they prefer to be called). It would be great for a lot of us if you could post listings for those that specialize in Mercedes you are familiar with. Also, those with websites. Go to it folks.:bowdown:

#3 ·
Ace German Used Parts Ltd.

Your best source in Vancouver, British Columbia for luxury German automobile parts.

6077 Trapp Avnue
Burnaby B.C.
V3N 2V3
Canada

Tel: +1-800-274-4565 (Toll Free!)
FAX: +1-604-526-0866
Auto wreckers, auto recycling, recicling, used auto parts - Ace German Used Parts in Burnaby, British Columbia BC, Canada

I have no affiliation with them other than I am a repeat customer. They have a great selection of parts, but you may have to call ahead and give Shane and Avi a few days time to find it for you. Prices are firm but fair. I can do local inspection/pickup for anyone who uses them and wants special shipping arrangements.

- Steve

#6 ·
steve --

i'm looking for a gen2 euro coupe front bumper. i was quoted $900 for a used one (US-spec OR euro-spec, they gave me the same quote) that would need rechroming (not incl shipping) by Shane at Ace.

very nice guy though
thanks for the tip

Mark

#4 ·
You have to have time, and find those yards in your area. Then you have to either have a bit of advance knowledge when one or two new rows of cars, hopefully with a few Mercedes, might be added. You also have to have the tools you might need, and be quicker (or lucky) than the professional guys, who sell stuff on ebay etc.
I have literally seen five or six guys waiting, with tools next to them, before the fork lifts had set down the first untouched car of a new row.
Going to a MB dismantler will cost more, but will be a lot easier.
But to anyone who in his youth enjoyed treasure hunts, it can be fun.

#5 ·
Teutone said:
You have to have time, and find those yards in your area. Then you have to either have a bit of advance knowledge when one or two new rows of cars, hopefully with a few Mercedes, might be added. You also have to have the tools you might need, and be quicker (or lucky) than the professional guys, who sell stuff on ebay etc.
I have literally seen five or six guys waiting, with tools next to them, before the fork lifts had set down the first untouched car of a new row.
Going to a MB dismantler will cost more, but will be a lot easier.
But to anyone who in his youth enjoyed treasure hunts, it can be fun.
LOL! I had a flight physical this morning and swung by on my way home because it was only 10 miles out of my way to do a quick check :) I have gotten to know a couple of college age guys who scour the Pick and Pulls here in Sacramento for european parts. We swap stories in the yard, help each other pull stuff, and we even had a 300SD drag race after one of our meetings. I made him on that race by several car lengths :) It felt good to be out there "by myself" the other day when two W126 diesels hit the morning I happened to make my bi-weekly visit. NA NANA NA NA!

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I work at Mercedes and BMW Auto Parts and Dismantling and we are located at 9865 San Fernando Road in Pacoima, CA in the LA area. We have a pretty good selection of W126 body parts (SEL mostly). I have a pretty complete car standing and am picking up another fresh 87 500SEL today. I am happy to ship anywhere in the country.

You can call at 818-897-9180

If anyone considers this spam rather then useful information please delete and let me know. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.