Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

crooked hood ordament

5K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  Jammerkiller 
#1 ·
crooked hood ornament

anybody have a thing for a crooked hood ornament

when somebody messes with it like laying it down or turning it sideways i always have to fix it. i will pull over on the hightway to fix it, or get out of my car at a red light to fix it

is it only me or do you guys have the same problem that you cant drive with it crooked

#4 ·
All benz owners must have OCD.

civic, i dont mean to embarrass you, but since you spelled it that way twice i dont think it's a typo. it's "ornament" and not "ordament."

#6 ·
Me too. I was just analyzing mine this morning for straightness. It's weird how your attention can be really focused on that emblem!!! Outsiders probably can't even tell if it's crooked but it still matters to me! Ha! Ha!

#9 ·
Yah, yah

SirNik84 said:
I just had the conversation with a friend. they didn't get it. but if you look at something in the corner of your eye for years, and then its not exactly where it shoud be, it draws you attention and then is just not safe driving!
That's it !!! a perfectly logical explanation for all of our aberant behavior. I'm OCD about this too. No situation is too dangerous to step out and fix it.

#10 ·
I feel like the three pointed star guides me to towards better roads ahead. It's almost like a spiritual connection and I would never drive it without being perfectly centered.
Kinda like a plastic Jesus for some... no offense to anyone with the analogy but my grandma would always adjust here plastic figurine making sure it faced squarely towards the road for protection.

#11 ·
I was the same way with my sedan. Now I miss seeing it standing up there.

graftdesign:
"I don't care if it rains or freezes
'long as I have my plastic Jesus
Ridin' on the dashboard of my car"
(lines from an old song)

#17 ·
victoriajas said:
Mine has to be straight, I even keep an extra in the trunk if some jackarse rips mine off
a few weeks ago, my star got ripped off; must be the handy work of some vandal.

I bought a new start and installed.

#19 ·
graftdesign said:
I feel like the three pointed star guides me to towards better roads ahead. It's almost like a spiritual connection and I would never drive it without being perfectly centered.
Kinda like a plastic Jesus for some... no offense to anyone with the analogy but my grandma would always adjust here plastic figurine making sure it faced squarely towards the road for protection.
Same here I usually check before i drive but i'll just continue the journey if it not straight but It leave an unpleasant feeling!

#21 ·
Yeah, that drives me nuts too. I like it when I can look down my hood and see a nice STRAIGHT hood ornament. Something about it makes me feel better.

#23 ·
srsomasundaram said:
a few weeks ago, my star got ripped off; must be the handy work of some vandal.

I bought a new start and installed.
when mine got ripped off i wanted to kill someone, i was in the worst mood for about 5 days till my new one came in. if somebody asked me why im in a bad mood i would tell them because my hood star got stolen, and then they would look at me like im an idiot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.