Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

a little surprise this morning....

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  benz420 
#1 ·
I had a little surprise waiting for me from Tire Rack when i woke up. Should help out a lot with the ride of the car, plus there will be many more mods to come shortly.... as well as some repairs :rolleyes: i'm really stoked :beerchugr:

hehe... and the last pic is for kicks, my mom took the pic when we drove up to cape cod a couple of weeks ago, just wish she had took some better ones though

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful car, about to get better!!

Just be careful with the spring installation - there is a lot of energy stored up in a compressed spring.

1. Be Safe
2. Post pictures!!

#6 ·
500MPL said:
Not to be a kill joy, but are the tire size of 235/55/17 going to fit? I'm running 235/45/17s on my care and the scrub issue is very close with my monoblocks.

Post pictures as soon as you can and be very careful with the spring swap.

Regards,
pshhhh..... all i can say is they better fit! i'm running 235/50/17s [Pirelli's] on my car at the moment with no visible issues, so another 5 mm better not make a difference.

what do you mean by scrub issue? like the tires are rubbing the fender-well?

thanks

#8 ·
benz420 said:
pshhhh..... all i can say is they better fit! i'm running 235/50/17s [Pirelli's] on my car at the moment with no visible issues, so another 5 mm better not make a difference.

what do you mean by scrub issue? like the tires are rubbing the fender-well?

thanks
235/55/17 gives you a +4.3mm change over the stock setup and also makes your speedometer display a speed that is 7% lower than actual speed...while your odometer will be low over time. While the latter must not be a bad thing, the former could be unless you get the speedo adjusted. Just a caveat.

According to what I have learned from Axel Wulff, that also affects your suspension geometry negatively, as this is greater than the admissable 4% change from OEM.

#9 ·
With an ET of 25, the tires will be very close to scrubbing the fenders, especially when lowered and making a turn. I would be a little safe than sorry, recheck your calculations on the tire fitment and see if 235/45/17 is correct.

I know that AMG used to put on 225/50 &55/ 16 on the cars. The added height of the 17's along with the width may cause an issue. If you decide, most shops will exchange tires prior to mounting.

Regards,

#10 ·
Great tires but try the p-zero rosso next!

#11 ·
Peter Seow said:
Great tires but try the p-zero rosso next!
i will eventually get some high performance summer tires when i have the money to buy a second set of winter wheels/tires, but for now i need all-seasons for winter driving :(

btw, i'm going to take most of the advice given and get some 235/45/17's to be safe. i really appreciate the input!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.