Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

300SD door lock issue (can't lock with key, but can unlock)

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wesbeaty 
#1 ·
Hello all,

You guys have a great and very informative forum here.

I have a question about a door lock issue on a 300SE that I am considering buying. You cannot lock the car with the key from the outside, the only procedure I found to lock the car is to get out, close drivers door, open rear drivers side door, reach in and lock drivers door from the inside, close back door.

You can unlock the car from the drivers side with the key, just not lock it.

Anyone got any ideas what this might be?

Thanks in advance,

Mugsy

#2 ·
Mugsy90/10 said:
Hello all,

You guys have a great and very informative forum here.

I have a question about a door lock issue on a 300SE that I am considering buying. You cannot lock the car with the key from the outside, the only procedure I found to lock the car is to get out, close drivers door, open rear drivers side door, reach in and lock drivers door from the inside, close back door.

You can unlock the car from the drivers side with the key, just not lock it.

Anyone got any ideas what this might be?

Thanks in advance,

Mugsy
I had something similar, i sprayed the key with WD40 and inserted it a few times and it seemed to lube the mechanism and it works like new now.

Dont know if this will help you, but good luck!

Mike

#5 ·
Benz Locks

I have an '84 300sd with some lock troubles. The vacuum is working just fine it seems.... I can push the lock down on the drivers side and everything locks just like normal.

But when I try to use the key to lock the doors the key won't even turn over... its like the lock is frozen, I have put a full tube of graphite in there with no luck so far. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do to fix it.

(its the drivers side that won't budge and the passenger side turns over but does nothing)

thanks
wes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.