20K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  Jupix 
#1 ·
Hey Guys !

I have a 1987 560 SEL, which has an on-board
trip computer situated on the cluster gauge,
first I had a problem with translating what
the writting meant since it was in German,
but thanx to a couple of helpful members on
this community web-site, that issue is resolved.

HOW EVER !!!!

Could anyone teach me how to work the buttons to
the on-board trip computer ????

It seems that it's a bit complicated, apparently
sometimes you have to press a couple of buttons
together at once to activate some displays on the
screen, and at other times you have to press several
buttons in a certain order one after the other.

So, does anybody know how to work this thing ?[?][?]

thanx,
Kouzaymos

See less See more
#27 ·
marlinspike said:
Sorry, you just the straw that broke the camels back is all.
Yes it's a car forum, but things are so much nicer when the pictures are good.
I'm not great, but you can see some stuff here Richard's Photos - powered by smugmug and here
Richard's Photos - powered by smugmug (in this second link I'm partial to the men's basketball galleries because you can only work with what you're given and basketball is one of our better sports here. The first link, fwiw, includes a lot of pictures that I would normally trash just because I'm mainly using that gallery as a backup storage).

And who gets a degree in photography? Kids who have parents with too much money? There isn't a whole lot someone can be taught about photography.

Riveting ....

talbir

#29 ·
marlinspike said:
You're the one who asked to see it.
Where did i ask for that ?

I suggested you give examples with your directive of adjustments of in-car shots .....I don't see too many examples of those in the track and basketball pics on your links.

Anyway, back to topic, which is the trip computer, not photography lessons. There are plenty of photography websites for all of that.

talbir

#30 ·
talbir said:
Where did i ask for that ?
I suggested you give examples with your directive of adjustments of in-car shots
Ah, I thought you just meant of taking halfway decent pictures. No special equipment in my car, which is exactly why I would like to see steady photos so I can more clearly see what the special equipment looks like, though I guess these are examples of interior shots that aren't shaky (taken a while ago)
http://Davidson.smugmug.com/photos/19601681-M-1.jpg
http://Davidson.smugmug.com/photos/19601690-M-1.jpg
http://Davidson.smugmug.com/photos/19601692-M.jpg

Ok, I'm done now.

#39 ·
Board computer on e320

Hi
I am modifying my e320 to be use this on board computer, i just received the instrument cluster and kinda confused on how to install and use it

1. I dont know how modify the manual cable to electric speedo, since e320 has manual speedometer cable while the board computer set has electric speedometer, could someone help me on this?
2. How to connect the wiring? Anybody has diagram of it?
3. Operating instructions, please upload or email me in whaetever language, i can translate it here

My email is brabus388@yahoo.com
Any help is much appreciated
Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.