Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

**FINALLY, pictures of my car. **

1K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  structure 
#1 ·
It was beautiful out today. High 60's to low 70's here in Malverne(LI), NY. I decided to finally take pictures of my1985 380SE.

Here are the pictures:

Right Side

Left Side

Front

Back

Front Interior View

Gauge Cluster

Front Dash (with freshly installed Becker BE1480 radio installed)

See less See more
#2 ·
Very, very nice indeed. Good color with shiny paint!

#4 ·
Very nice...is that mileage accurate? Heavens, a great car like that should be driven!![:)]

FWIW I love shots that reflect the sky in the paint.

I'm envious of your weather; the bay area has been downright ugly lately.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

#5 ·
That's one low mileage car...

You have the same color combo as my 420SEL, one of my favorite colors on a W126 [:)]

#7 ·
Hehe. The miles are accurate and documented. I even have every service bill from Lakeview Mercedes Dealership. The car was owned by an older woman. It was graged it's whole life. The only real problem I have is the high idle issue (idle goes up and down) and I just have to replace the right rear wheel bearing. I also, purchased the outside temp. gauge in Farenheit. So, I'm gonna swap the Celcius temp. gauge for the Farenheit one. Besides that, I just need to replace little things.

#9 ·
lol. I paid for it in cash. I was lookin' through the paper one day and spotted the ad for the car. I jumped at the chance to go see it. The son of the owner was selling the car for his mother. She stopped driving so she told him to sell it. I purchased the car this past Feb. Since October 2005(when the car got it's oil changed) till Feb. the car was only driven about 32 miles. I was impressed. She had all the service papers and documents for the car. Really got lucky with finding sucha car.

#11 ·
Wow! Thats a beautifully maintained car. Very very clean.

I wish I lived around a bunch of old rich people. They are definitely the best car dealers.[;)] Instead I live around a bunch of young rich snobs. [xx(]

#12 ·
Very nice car... I was wondering where you got the farenheit gauge. I would love to get one for my '84 300SD. I haven't really actively looked for one, but I don't recall ever seeing it. Maybe you could tell me where you got it and how much? Thanks!

#16 ·
Thank you everyone.

1. I purchased the outside temp. gauge on eBay for $20 plus shipping. I know for sure there's one guy always selling the gauges. He usually sells them for $50+shipping. I think it also comes with the outside temp. sensor (metal piece).

2. When I got the car, the original radio (Becker 612) did not work. I searched on eBay and posted up a want ad on this site. No one had one in excellent condition. So, I recently went on eBay and purchased the Becker BE1480 for $90+shipping. I couldn't stand the silence in the car. I'm still holding on to the original radio though. When I sell the car the new owner can have it. Of course I want to keep the car original as possible. I'm a freak when it comes to that.

#17 ·
Beautiful !!! Is always a true joy to see first Gen W126's in this kind of condition.& the price YOU paid for it..."fergetaboutit".
Hope it lasts YOU a very LONG time..even on those crappy NY roads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.