Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Blown Fuse Help?

855 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  420 SE 
#1 ·
I noticed the other day that the fuse on my 500SEL that feeds the horns, rear seat heaters and rear cig. lighters was blown. Upon replacing the fuse it immediately blew again. I have replaced all the fuses to the copper ceramic type and now I'm de4aling with this.

A week ago I replaced the stereo for another one, and I'm not sure if this may have been a culperit to the problem.

The stereo is on a different circuit and is not tied into the circuit that powers the horns, ect.

Can anybody offer some solutions to the problem or some suggestions to track the ground problem out?

Many thanks,

#2 ·
Aside from disconnecting each of the items the fuse covers, and then reconnecting them one at a time until it blows - there are just so many things on the circuit which could have a bad ground.

None of those items sounds like you would have disturbed their wiring by putting in a new radio unless you were playing around in the doors (cig lighters) rear seat (speakers).

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.