Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Funaral Rights

2K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  TheRazz 
#1 ·
Wellp,I gone an done it... I crashed my baby... WITH MY OWN WORK TRUCK.. 4500 USD damage.... on my first estamate... Waiting for the insurance company to take a look at it... I'm hoping I get the ammount the state wanted as the total value of the car 15K USD, They wanted tax on that( Pray For me ). Then I can fix it myself...

#4 ·
I was paying attention to the traffic in the street that I was trying to murge into than I was where my car was parked. I nailed it right on the driver side front with the side of the truck... ( WIDE TURNS ) I pushed the whole area that holds the anti-lock brake system, charcoal container DOWN... It was sitting at about a 20% angle downward, and the fender was buckled out, the bumper was pushed down.. thecorner signal/head light were poped out ( more like exploded out ).... The hood was spaired any damage. I'll try an get some pics up ( post fender removal )...

All that day I was about to bust out crying... Tho I was able to get some of it back lined up, so I was able to drive it home... [B)][B)][:(][:(]

#7 ·
May be it just me

Let's see if I understand this right. You got an old MB for a couple thousands, then you manage to hit that "accidentally" using a truck from your job with commercial insurance. You will get $15K from insurance and then you will spend a couple thousands to fix your MB.

At the end, you will have 10K in the pocket and a MB with all new parts. Are you bragging here about how you getting all these accomplished?

I knew Snibble did it - getting a lot of cash than he put into that 300 SEL right before his oversea trip. By doing so, he did not have to pay to store his 300 sel. And he gets paid twice from the same car, got cash for insurance and parting it out.

Would someone with insurance please came over and hit my 560?

#8 ·
RE: May be it just me

NewMBie - 7/18/2005 10:22 AM

I knew Snibble did it - getting a lot of cash than he put into that 300 SEL right before his oversea trip. By doing so, he did not have to pay to store his 300 sel. And he gets paid twice from the same car, got cash for insurance and parting it out.
WHOOOOOOOOAH! Are you accusing me of insurance fraud????[:(!] That 300SEL was a car that I never planned on selling, yet alone parting it out. It had sentimental value. I did not make money on my car as I got what I paid for. I did put money in upkeep and even front suspension components, but I did not get anything for that. There was no "paying for storage" as its parked at my parent's home.

I was not even the driver or passenger when the accident occured. The car was at a red light and was rear ended by some fruitcake manager of Victoria Secrets talking on the phone not paying attention to the traffic ahead of him. He was ticketed and even admitted guilt that he wasn't paying attention. The individual's insurance co. sent a person to investigate the accident and car. The car was written in the report as being in very clean and well kept. Hence the reason why I was paid what I recieved.

What you are accusing me of is something very serious(read.. FELONY). I am surprised by what kind of individual you turned out to be after I thought you were a decent guy.[xx(]

#9 ·

Let's see if I understand this right. You got an old MB for a couple thousands, then you manage to hit that "accidentally" using a truck from your job with commercial insurance. You will get $15K from insurance and then you will spend a couple thousands to fix your MB.

At the end, you will have 10K in the pocket and a MB with all new parts. Are you bragging here about how you getting all these accomplished?

If you are so sick and tired of your 560, hate it and complain about it all the time.. trade it in for a mid-90's Civic and suck it up. I am sure you will be happier. I was nice enough to accept your low-ball $10 offer for a complete antenna motor and mast(I would have even gave it to you for free), but get stabbed in the back by publically accusing me of a felony crime (insurance fraud). Glad I don't have to do business with you and/or you a favor.

#11 ·

Snibble - 7/18/2005 3:47 PM
I was nice enough to accept your low-ball $10 offer for a complete antenna motor and mast(I would have even gave it to you for free), but get stabbed in the back by publically accusing me of a felony crime (insurance fraud). Glad I don't have to do business with you and/or you a favor.
First of all, I think I made a fair offer because a brand new set is about $25 on ebay. Secondly, whatever.

#13 ·
I'd be interested to know the name of the insurance company that pays out 15k for a 1984 w126.

It just ain't gonna happen unless you have an agreed value policy, where the price is agreed at the time cover begins....or unless the insurance company can be shown receipts of service/restoration carried out on the vehicle and the loss adjuster believes the value of the car is higher than the cost of repair.

If the damage is only 4.5k and they believe the car is worth more, then the car will be repaired ata cost of 4.5k, unless the damage is Cateogry A damage, in which case the car must never be repaired and put back on the road. And you will get the market value of the vehicle....unless you have an agreed valuation.

#15 ·
Snibble....95% of the people in this w126 I learned are a bit fucked in the head...I think they are taking their reliablity problems with these POS cars on other people in the forum.

#17 ·
Hey Razz,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.You do however need to be careful in how you complete your insurance paperwork in order to be taken seriously and obtain the best settlement.I'm sure a number of us here would be happy to help and check your submission before you mail it.
Cheers
[:)]

#18 ·

Not funny.
Joke? I think not.

Both Razz and Snibble incurred damages to the possession they care about and instead of empathizing all you can come up with is a dirty low blow accusing them of insurance fraud.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who is sick and tired of your annoying self-pitying posts. If you're damn fucking miserable with your car and your life, sell the car and spare us from your ranting of wrong career choice. Don't bitch and moan about how little money you make because you're making 2x national average and it is an insult forum members who really love their W126's and make do with a fraction of your income.

what is it with your [unhealthy] fixation with money?

It is too bad it's Mr. Tikket and not you who is gone from the forum.

#20 ·
O.K. Not need for dirt words here

After all, W126 owners are supposed to be high class people.

If you all go back to the very first post Snibble wrote about his accident way back then. I did joke with him about making arrangements. So I thought he remembers.

As to case of TheRazz, I just can't believe one would hit his own car parked at his own working place. Had him not mentioned that 15K insurance, I would have not come to this idea.

That said, I guess I will apologize to those whom my "joke" offended. I thought about using some words I have only heard but never used. But that will make me as low as those who uses them.

As to the POS comment, I would say this. My 91 560 SEL is in better shape than, in & out, those 50% of the W126 here.

Yes, I have this particular interest in Money because I don't make a lot of them. But that is o.k. we will survive. Earth still rotates and life goes on. peace.

#22 ·
jdc1244a - 7/18/2005 9:39 PM

We must remember that this is an open forum where any member may post regardless of how tedious or uninformed the comment may be.
\
Yes, they may. And he did. And he got roasted alive. That's the part a lot of "I have the right" people miss. One, does indeed have the right to post. But that arse had better be flame proof.

Razz. I feel your pain. I just did the same about 3 weeks ago to my own 190E car with my mom's car. [:I][xx(][:X][B)][:eek:)] Luckily, it was at about 2mph backing up in her yard and only scratched her BRAND NEW Sonota and literally just lfet a mark on my bumper. Still, I felt like the supreme idiot of the universe.

But, boy, if I though *I* could get THOSE kind of insurance numbers...[:p][:I].

#23 ·
I'm not looking to defraud anyone.... To the Great State of Washington [xx(] said the car is valued at 15K... They wanted me to pay 8.45% tax on a 15K car... That's not me, that's the Great State of Washington [xx(]... And as I said, I broke my reguler ruteen about taking the truck into the street before turning to the right... I totaly forgot my car was parked so close... I can tend to be " FLAKEY " at times... I'm like that blue fish in " Finding Nemo " that tagged along with Marlin the clowen fish...I tend to forget things almost instantly.... Hell, If I hadden't heard my name for the past 35 years, I'd forget that too...

Jail time is somthing I NEVER!!! NEVER!!! NEVER!!! want to go thrugh again... I have WAY WAY to much to loose playing fraud games with anyone... I'm saddened by your comment NewMBie, That joke was in poor taste... I'm not mad at it... I would prolly think the same way... But not this time... My baby is SMUSHED, my kid is MAD... And I'm crest fallen about the whole thing... My car may not have been in the best of shape, may not have run the best ( Tho now I know why... My vaccuume can under the left front fender has a BIG split in it ) But it was my first MB, and it was a car I ALWAYS wanted... Since I first saw one at 10 yrs old...

I haven't heard anything from the company insurance company yet... The boss said he called... I'll try an get the number off the truck card inthe morning...

Thanx to all, I just look at my poor baby, and kick myself for being so... so.. STPUID, and not LOOKING before I made my turn... Sigh...
[B)]

#24 ·
NewMBie - 7/19/2005 6:05 AM

You don't take a joke well, do you.
Hardy har har. Well, excuse us for not finding your "joke" amusing. ::eyeroll::

Accusing others of insurance fraud is far from a joke...

#25 ·
TheRazz - 7/17/2005 10:02 AM

Wellp,I gone an done it... I crashed my baby... WITH MY OWN WORK TRUCK.. 4500 USD damage.... on my first estamate... Waiting for the insurance company to take a look at it... I'm hoping I get the ammount the state wanted as the total value of the car 15K USD, They wanted tax on that( Pray For me ). Then I can fix it myself...
How the fuck did WA come up with that figure? No one even batted an eye when I transfered my title and the selling price was listed as $2K. I don't know how your ins. company works but with that much damage I wouldn't be surprised if they want to total the car. My experience is they set the threshold pretty low.

#26 ·
Sorry to say, but what the insurance company values your car at and what the state values your car for tax purposes are two Very different things... The insurance value will be a fraction of that 15K :-/

Be prepared for a fight..Took me over 3 months to get a reasonable offer on my SEL.

Jonathan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.