Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Photo Gallery (pics ONLY, non pic posts deleted)

1M views 2K replies 744 participants last post by  MBL87560SEC 
#1 ·
I thought it was about time we had a Photo Gallery on the W126 forum.

So post your best pic's.

PM your questions and remarks, this is a "Photo Gallery"
No pictures will get your post deleted ;)
EV.

#34 ·
RE: Photo Gallery

I've also posted before, but here it goes again....

i will update soon. You guys won't believe this: I got me ANOTHER 126.... couldn't resist. My daily driver Focus was totalled a month ago, luckily I came out without a scracth (not bad for such a small car) - so, I figured, instead of having that extra monthly payment, I'll just grin and bear the gas prices.

Week later my mechanic calls with an unbelievable offer from a nice old lady who was "tired of such a big car" and wanted to get rid of it, since she took it with a problem to other mechanics and they all wanted 10K to fix.

Bottomline: a 1991 420SEL, with 73,700 miles.... $1,500.00!!!

Granted, it needs about $2,000.00 worth of work, a piston is crushed and we put new rings yesterday, but other than that.... mint!

We'll share it with the wife, since she wants to take it to her business meetings. This one will stay close to stock, except for a new stereo and chrome wheels. I'll show it to you as soon as we put the engine back in (yes, I have jumped in and am getting my hands dirty!)

Regards,
jose

Attachments

#38 ·

Here's some better pics of the SE.

Attachments

#39 ·

Got myself some clears the other day. A bit of an improvment, but my car is really begging for Euro's.

Degreased the engine and undercarriage the other day.

Also, finally got around to using some A2Z wheel cleaner. Combined with a ton of elbow (and toothbrush) grease, I got all that crap out. 15 years of brake dust, gone.

Before:

After:

#45 ·

My '86 560SEL... completely stock except for:
-PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs for the headlights
-4x6" 3-way Pioneer front speakers
-6.5" 4-way Pioneer rear speakers
-2x 12" Polk GNX-124 subs @ 200w RMS each in the trunk

#49 ·

Again, my baby in orange, and BLUE.