Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

humid time and 560sec

629 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MBL87560SEC 
#1 ·
Hi, my 560SEC have a problem.

With humid time (during autumn or spring) my car don't start!!! Small engine starter run, but the car don't start.

Can someone help me?

Please...

[B)]

#2 ·
So opentec,

During a COLD start (AM or after car has sat for 6 hours or so):

A) You are saying that the starter motor turns the engine, and the engine fails to catch (only when cold)?.

B) You could be saying the starter motor turns the engine, the engine catches, then stalls almost immediately, perhaps 2X, then it is OK?

Generally speaking, if one has difficulties starting COLD when the wether is Damp/Humid the problem is related to the high tension part of the Ignition system: Wires, Plugs, Dist. Cap, Rotor, Coil.

If the problem is B: I would suspect the car has a buildup of carbon on the Intake manifold side of the Intake Valves. The fuel injectors spray fuel just upstream of the intake valves. On a cold start, when a rich mixture is called for, a fair amount of this fuel is absorbed into the carbon buildup which causes a lean condition, and subsequently a stall once or twice, then it is OK. This condition does not affect a warm or hot start.

Does any of this sound similar to what you are experiencing with your car, or am I way off track?

Regards, MBL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.