Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

How to access W/S/W motor/ transmissiom/ linkage?

778 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MS Fowler 
#1 ·
The W/S/W system on y W126 is inoperative. I can hear the motor running, but the arms do not move. Also, I can manually move the W/S/W arms, and they both move together. I am guessing ( hoping?) that its simply a matter of an arm having come loose from the wiper transmission.
Can anyone advise on how to access that area? Can I go in thru the glove box, or do I remove the under dash trim panel? Or is there a " secret"?
Thanks for any help.
Michael
Bel Air, MD

#2 ·
Hi MS Fowler,

The motor & linkage are located under the air intake cover just below the windshield, visible under the hood after it is raised to the 90 degree position. Detach the caps on the wiper arms, remove the RT blade, the grommets etc. and remove the arms.

The cover is secured with several clips, then the seal, then the front comes up first, then the rear is detached from the windshield.

You may be able to access the nut at the end of the motor from there. (???)
If not, there are 3 screws holding the mechanism to the firewall, and the electrical connector to be dealt with.

More details in the image below.

MBL

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.